+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused

Confused

I have construction that has been going on by my house for a few months. I noticed one of the workers driving by my house when I was outside looking at me throughout the day. I don't see him looking at anyone else or their house just mine. Even when I am not outside he drives by looking. When I would drive past the construction area he would stop what he was doing and look at me. I was at the light one day and he was turning and the corner and kept looking at me out his window. I was at the stop sign one day and the same thing happened. I have waved to him a few times and one day he walked by and I said hi and he said hi back. I felt time was going by and I needed to do something maybe he thought I was not available or maybe he is to shy to say anything. I am to shy to approach so I thought about it and one night I left a note on his work truck asking if he would like to go out sometime. I did not leave my number because I was afraid someone else might get it but it's obvious that it is me because I said that I live down the street and you often go by my house. He must know its me because there are not many houses he passes by. I know he got this note because he is the only one that drives this truck and he was the first one there that morning. I left the note about three weeks ago and one week they were not there. So this week would be about 2 weeks. I still see him drive by and look even if I am not outside so I guess I didn't scare him off and when I pass the construction area sometimes he sees me and he looks. I have to admit I am a little embarrassed about what I did so I have laid low by not spending a lot of time outside and driving by where they are working as often. I would have thought something would have happened by now. A sign, a note in my mailbox, a note on my car. stopping to talk.......something........anything.............. A part of me feels I made a mistake and I should have never had done this. The other part of me says that I would have wondered what if. I just don't know what to think or do going forward.

Wow, you're trusting. Did it ever occur to you that he could be a nutter? Or casing your house? Or at the very least, it's possible he found you attractive but has no interest in asking you out. All his quiet looking with no conversation would have set off all my internal alarm bells.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

How do you know he even got the note?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Yea, don't do stuff like this. The man sounds kind of scary.

For some reason this reminded me of the beginning of that "Twilight" movie/book. I'd just approach him and ask him what his deal is. Have some confidence!

They have their equipment and stuff parked down my street so it's normal for those guys to drive by. He is the only one that looks though. Part of this is my fault because I have not really flirted back. I see him I get nervous, it's the shyness in me. My friend says that I may be discouraging him because I have not given him any signs and with the note being left he still may not have a clue. We keep missing one another lately. When I am home and hear that truck coming I look out the window and he drives by looking. Last week I came home and he was just coming down the street and I just pulled into my driveway and he slowed down it was the perfect time to get out of my car and say something but I backed down. The next day I decided to try it again so I went outside for a while but after a long wait and with it being so hot I gave up and wouldn't you know as soon as I went back in he came down my street! So I just found out my hours for work are changing so starting next month he wont be seeing me anymore. So 3 weeks left for me to flirt or say something or for him to say something. I am not sure what I am going to do. Part of me is hoping I will run into him this week so I can find out. He may just be looking for the heck of it or he is waiting for me to give him some sign or say something. After that he will either have to find someone or something else to look at or it may have been a missed opportunity on his part or it could have been a missed opportunity on mine. Next time I wont procrastinate so long. Thanks for your comments.

I'm confused. Has he ever smiled, waved or introduced himself? Has he done anything which would indicate that he wants to get to know you?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Yes he has flirted, stared, waved, made flirting gestures, said hi and said some other things (all the signs to let each other know that both people are interested in one another). Most recently my neighbor stopped him to ask this guy about the construction and my neighbor told me that this guy was asking about me. So when I was outside on my deck last week and he drove by we both flirted and said a few things to one another along with those flirting gestures. While I was coming home on a few different days recently we saw each other so we both slowed down and flirted (there was no place to pull over) and him and I mouthed a few words to one another along with some nice flirting gestures and this guy even put his cell phone up and said your number. On and on I could go about what has happened but there finally is a conclusion to this story.....................does anyone want to take a guess?

You got a date! You had wild animal sex! I suppose that COULD be viewed as two guesses, but it doesn't have to be.

Spill it lilly129.
    Pain is what the world does to you, suffering is what you do to yourself. Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.