+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Friendship Question - no response after a quick apology email?

Friendship Question - no response after a quick apology email?

I have high social anxiety. The other day we went out and it was a couple girls and I. One of them, Alice, is pretty close friends with Bob. I have mixed feelings about Bob. I think he's a player and there's something about him I don't like, though yes, on the surface he is polite and nice. But I sort of said a couple things I am not too proud of about him, regarding that.

so i sent her a quick message saying I am sorry i said those things, I feel bad about it, and I didn't mean to be so judgmental.

well, she has not responded, and now I am anxious and worried that she hates me for trash talking her friend, and now I've lost them both forever. she probably thinks I am this horrible, evil person. I didn't JUST call him a player. lol.
    Last edited by AshBern; 26-08-15 at 03:03 AM.

I can sympathise with you, I'd probably be feel the way in your situation. Sometimes when you're right in the middle of an unpleasant situation, your mind can wander, and if you're anything like me, you tend to focus on the worst possible scenario. It's not until afterwards that you think clearly and more logically. It's easy to get swept up in the emotions.

But what I will say is you have your opinion, you have the right to an opinion. Yes, he is her friend but just remember that she may not have responded for a variety of reasons that don't involve you. Try to not worry about it too much. If anything, you've been the bigger person by apologising for what you felt to be crossing the line, and that was a nice, respectable thing to do.

I didn't JUST call him a player. lol.
    I'm very comfortable assuming I speak for everyone(lol) when I say, we want to know what else you called Bob.

Yes, it's entirely possible that you really offended her. It's also possible that she hasn't checked her email. Or that the email didn't arrive.

Short of calling her with a proper apology (email is lame), all you can do now is give it time and see what happens.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

You can't make her forgive you if she holds a grudge then that is what it is. Basically you are stuck in a wait and see, I wouldn't say sorry again if it was me, especially if the first was heartfelt.

Hi everybody. Sorry for the late update. She responded and said she didn't take offense. so it's all good.