+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I think we are postponing :(

I think we are postponing :(

We were planning a very intimate wedding for April of next year, we hadn't told too many people as it was going to be simple and intimate. Now his son has just announced that he proposed and they're getting married next summer. I'm happy for them, but at the same time a little upset, we may be postponing our wedding now Am I wrong in feeling upset?

Why do you have to postpone your wedding? Can't you just separate them by a couple of weeks?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

my honey doesn't want to take away from their day but we are planning for April and I think they are planning for summer.

Your conservative wedding will not take away from their big day. Especially if the weddings are months apart.

Did the kids know your date when they set theirs? If so, it obviously doesn't bother them. I think your partner is creating problems where none exist.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I agree with basil... how could one wedding "take away" from another, unless they were so close in time, you would have to compete for guests? Also, given that your man is old enough to have a son who is getting married, I would think he is old enough to understand that the guests themselves will spend exactly one DAY thinking about each wedding. They will be well-over the first one by the time the second comes along.

Are you sure your man isn't looking for excuses?