+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He stopped talking to me without any explanation

He stopped talking to me without any explanation

I met a guy almost one year ago, we instantly clicked and we had a great time. We tried to be something more but it didn't work, however we were really good friends. The problem is that recently he felt that I didn't care about him any more and he blocked me on social networks and erased my phone number. I texted him and called him, I talked to his friends until he finally called me and we patched things up. We continued our happy friendship, I obviously liked him but I prefered to do nothing and enjoy being his friend (I'm just not ready to be in a relationship 'cause I'm not totally over my ex boyfriend) we talked and said that we were just good friends and that we didn't liked each other in a romantic way anymore.
    But one month later we had a similar problem, I felt that he didn't want to talk to me with me and I stopped texting him for a week.. then I thought it was a stupid thing to do and talked with him, I explained what happened just to be clear I care about him and he told me he did the same thing for the same reason and we laughed and said we would never do that again. Two days later he posted on facebook that he couldn't be friends whith a girl anymore because he was tired of some stupid child games and that she was only a rock in his shoe who didn't let him go on with his life. He stopped talking to me, he doesn't answer my texts and I'm too hurt to call him or talk to his friends again. I mean I really love him as a friend but I think I did anything wrong! I miss him and don't know what to do
    should I try to contact him again?
    I don't have lots of friends and I really care about him.
    Last edited by LunV93; 04-09-15 at 06:35 PM.

Yeah, I can see this falling apart. Thing is, the two of you are closer than regular friends. It's kind of a no-mans-land of not 'just friends' but not in a relationship either.

With regular friends, most of us aren't in very frequent (daily?) contact. Ok, we might be if they are having a crisis, but generally speaking, a regular friendship is much more laid back than what you're describing. It's this intensity which will ultimately make it all crash and burn.

My best advice is to not try and stay close friends with him. If he's willing, make your friendship far more casual with no expectations of meeting up or exchanging messages.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I think its pretty obvious that you should just accept that he doesn't want you as a friend. He did, at one time, want you as his girlfriend but you're not ready to be his girlfriend. He's exercising his right to keep you out of his life if in any capacity if you're not ready to be more then an annoying friend who NEEDS his attention but isn't willing to give him what he actually want(s)ed.

Leave him alone and quit trying to be a guys platonic friend. More times then not, if a guy is hanging with you and doing date like things with you, he certainly doesn't just want to be your platonic friend. I'm sure he has male friends that he enjoys while keeping women for his romantic intentions.

Time to let it go and accept what he's telling you indirectly through the immature way of hinting via Facebook and by his actions... not returning calls/emails/text.... his intent is as clear as glass so leave him be and get on with doing the mental work you need to do to be ready to date and be someone's partner instead of just their buddy.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Thanks Wakeup - I missed that she wasn't ready for a relationship.

Agree completely
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.