+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I leave?

Should I leave?

My boyfriend is extremely negative. Not just about what happened at work or at the store. But about everything. And mostly our relationship. He often pulls arguments out of his ass that don't even pertain to us in anyway. I've tried telling him to not be negative. Or start seeing the good in things. And I've asked where do these crazy arguments come from. He will just continue to complain. He's always assuming the worst in me. If I don't text back in 2.5 seconds I'm cheating. Or I'm always working up a plan to leave him. Or some off the wall thing. What do I do?!?!

Is this a trick question? He's frequently a negative pain in the arse who accuses you of cheating if you're not responding to him immediately. You end the relationship of course. And when he asks "why?", tell him that it was because of the negativity, fights and accusations of cheating.

It's important to remember that dating is about finding Mr/Ms Right. It's not about wasting time with someone who far too frequently drives us nuts. And don't EVER continue a relationship with someone who falsely accuses you of cheating.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Any reason why you haven't just left him since he's such an awful partner? You don't sound like you're having much fun.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion