+ Follow This Topic

Thread: If you love someone you will never hate them

If you love someone you will never hate them

Is this true? If you do love someone, that you will never hate them?

It is certainly true for me...though I cannot think of anyone I've ever hated.
    Pain is what the world does to you, suffering is what you do to yourself. Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

If someone we love hurts us terribly, I can easily see love turning to hate.

I once hated someone that I used to love - but thankfully this has long since faded to indifference. Though I will confess that I'd expect to be rather happy if I heard he died.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

The opposite of love is not hate; the opposite of love is indifference.

Wrong, you can definitely hate a person you once loved. Especially if they used, betrayed you.

Quote Originally Posted by megvoh View Post
    Wrong, you can definitely hate a person you once loved. Especially if they used, betrayed you.
    Live long enough and that is all but guaranteed to happen eventually. Anger/hatred is such a waste of time and energy though and once it is burned out it is replaced with indifference.
    Pain is what the world does to you, suffering is what you do to yourself. Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

I semi hate one person but I don't vision harm to them, just taste blood in my mouth when thinking of. LoL.

Well stop biting yourself...silly.

BTW I find it interesting that you chose the gender neutral pronoun "them".

You have heard the saying, have you not? "There's a thin line between love and hate." In fact, I think loving somebody actually makes it a lot easier to hate them if they should ever do something to hurt you deeply enough. Simply because, by loving them, you've let them in deeper than most people in your life. If they do something to betray that trust, that can be a wound deeper and more hurtful than anything any other person could inflict. So, yes, love can turn to hate. In my personal opinion, when used properly, hate can actually be healthy. Hate can actually be helpful. AS LONG AS you don't hold onto it for longer than necessary.

Eventually, that hate needs to fade off into indifference. Hate can destroy your life if you let it. Hate can eat away at you and turn you into a monster. So, you never want to dwell on it for too long. It is important to move on. Though, I honestly do think hate can help you do that if used properly. Use that hate to fuel you to better yourself and ensure you don't let somebody do the same things to you again. Do not use it to forever dwell in the past and decide you'll never give somebody the chance to get in again. Constructive, not destructive. But, above all else, eventually you must let it go and move on.

I don't personally believe that always has to require forgiving the person. I don't always think people deserve forgiveness. But, you (meaning the collective you, since we are just speaking hypothetically and not on any specific topic/person) DO deserve to forget it and let it fade into indifference.

Both the words "love" and "hate" are tossed around fairly recklessly imo when other words would better describe the feelings one has for another.

[MENTION=81206]solarion[/MENTION] just how I talk, type, speak and a way to depersonalize ( if that's a word lol) I guess.
    Was a "he" I was mentioning.

Yeah, I think we are all just speaking generally here. And, solarion, I do agree with you that, in general, the terms love and hate are mis-used by many people. I can't speak for anybody else, but for me personally, they are not terms I throw around lightly. If I love somebody, I truly and fully love them. If I hate somebody, I truly and fully hate them.... and it always eventually fades from hate into indifference.

Furthermore, I've also never believe you can truly "love" somebody from afar, so to speak. In other words, some people think they've fallen so deeply in love with their crush when it is somebody they barely even know, or when they've never been able to pursue the relationship to see if they had a chance. To me, that is more infatuation. I don't mean to belittle that. A crush can be very powerful, and can make you feel amazing. It's just, to me it cannot actually be love until such a time that it is actually reciprocated. I mean, at least not in the romantic sense. If you happen to know the person well (like, maybe you are good friends and you've just never confessed your deeper feelings) you can love them in a sense (like you'd love a friend or family member).

When you are in the situation, though, it can be hard to tell the difference.

....Kind of off topic, kind of not. So.... yeah.... driving back to the main topic. LOL! Yes, I do feel love CAN turn to hate. Though, it is best never to hold onto hate for long, lest it poison your life.

No, I believe with love you can still feel hate, for romantic love and family love.

I don't think hate and love is the opposite, so loving someone and at the same time hating them is possible in my book.
    Imagine that you're in love with a guy (that's also your boyfriend) and he's cheating on you. You will most probably feel hate towards him.