+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex called me, had a 360 flip from when fought earlier last week?

Ex called me, had a 360 flip from when fought earlier last week?

I broke up very recently, due to a build up of doubts and no show of progress to move forward on my ex's side. I expressed my feelings several times and he didn't take them seriously and told me I was being irrational. This break up came as a shock even though I had brought up these issues before. My ex has no ambitions, I encouraged all his ideas and never told him he had to do/be anything specific, I just wanted him to have healthy interests, I was willing to take time, sit down and give him ideas on what he could do. We had 2 nasty arguments where he felt like I personally attacked him. His reaction devastated me because I only brought up my concerns because I wanted to work on our issues. He called me telling how much I meant to him, all the sweet talk and promises to grow and mature etc. Is it all sweet talk?

The first thing I noticed here is that you were mothering him while you were together. It's not your place to help inspire he interests or make him grow as a person. You were trying to change him and that's not cool - and his initial reaction to what you were doing was not unexpected.

As for his about face, I'd be willing to bet that he's saying what he thinks it will take to get you back. Whether or not he can pull it off is another thing altogether. See if he can do it WITHOUT your help - because both of you need for you to stop mothering him
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

go ahead.. give A try.. perhaps he had a rethink and wants to move forward with you..