+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I have a problem.......

I have a problem.......

I have been talkin to this guy online for 4 years....we've never met. I would really like to but I am scared. Also, we have made plans to meet several times but something always happens to prevent it (out of our control).
    It may be that I have built him up in my mind to be perfect and I'm afraid that wont be true if we meet or maybe he will decide I'm not for him.
    Should I risk this?

Yes. Chances are it wont work out as a relationship, but at least it will get it out of your system.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

also , have you ever seen him , not some damn photoshoot pic , like an amateurish , webcam sorta thing . cuz if you havent , prepare to get your little impression crushed . (i dont know from experience but its just obvious and iv heard about what happends on these types of situations)

Quote Originally Posted by Late_vamp
    also , have you ever seen him , not some damn photoshoot pic , like an amateurish , webcam sorta thing . cuz if you havent , prepare to get your little impression crushed . (i dont know from experience but its just obvious and iv heard about what happends on these types of situations)
    have seen pics and web cam....he seems very honest and have talked on the phone.
    just cant seem to get him out of my mind no matter how hard i try......
    after this long time i feel i know him pretty well.......the truth is you hear so much about strangers these days, but he's not really a stranger.....

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    Yes. Chances are it wont work out as a relationship, but at least it will get it out of your system.
    but i dont really want to get him out of my system.......

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ok, its good you know what this guy looks like....and that you have talked to him on the phone. Now try meeting him ......in a public place......as friends. I assume he knows how you look as well.....so whats the big deal?

What I do is.....I meet people as friends....and if it works out and becomes more it does....and if not then at least theres no loss involved. At least you have another friend right? Just don't rush into anything serious right away(I have made that mistake and it ended up being a booty call for him).

Give it a shot.....if you don't want to get him out of your system....then try meeting him. Just don't have such high expectations. That is why meeting as friends is safe. Then if you feel that spark you do....and if not then oh well.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....