+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Somebody please help me. I am falling apart. I need him back.

Somebody please help me. I am falling apart. I need him back.

My boyfriend and I broke up yesterday. It first happened last week after a big fight. We got back together that night and then it officially ended last night. We are both extremely emotional individuals. When he broke up with me last week, he was a mess. So I let him cry and was there for him. I didn't leave. Because honestly, he looked bad. I didn't feel good leaving him like that. Also, when we broke up last week, he pushed me away but I didn't leave because of the state he was in. When we discussed it, he told me how happy he ended up being that I stayed there for him.Yesterday, during a fight, we broke up while I was in class (so via a text. My reasoning is that he wouldn't have been able to follow through if it were in person). We're in college. I'm 19 and he's 20. A message that I got from him yesterday was "I can't read and or see through the amount of tears coming though my eyes. My shirt is more wet with tears than any workout sweat. I can't talk without crying. My stomach hurts too much, even with pain killers. I wish I didn't have to make this decision. The part of me that is trying to keep me focused had to make the call on this relationship. You've been the best girlfriend I've ever had and will have. I can't believe this is happening. Just know that I love you *MY name*. More than you will ever know. You've been my best friend, and indescribable girlfriend. I'm sorry this had to happen. I would like to leave you with this message I sent your mom because I meant every word of it." Followed by the message he sent my mom. "Hello, Hopefully this won't be the last time we talk. *MY name* and I broke up today. I just want to make sure she has support. She is the nicest, most supportive, sweet, beautiful, thoughtful, smart, awesome and amazing girl I have ever met. She truly comes from great people and strong women. Tragically, things couldn't work out as I have to focus on school and can't give the amount support she needs. Any guy would be indescribably blessed to be with her.
    Hopefully, until next time
    - *HIS name*". I feel like I pushed him too hard or asked for too much at times when he couldn't give it to me. Please help me fix this.

As difficult as it is to accept, it seems he really thought this decision out and it wasn't an easy one for him to come too. I recommend you go on a complete no-contact plan. For the next 30 days, yes, a whole month, just be you. Do things with your friends. Rediscover the girl he fell in love with. Don't text him, FB him, instagram him, nothing. After a month, see how you feel about it. I know it's super tough, and way easier for me to say than for you to do, but he didn't break up with you for no reason. Don't focus on it. You can find out later. Right now, focus on you!!
    I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways, Maybe it's all part of a plan, Well, I'll just keep on making the same mistakes, Hoping that you'll understand--Ed Sheeran

If you are going to go NC (which you should) then don't do it with a 30 day time limit involved. Just do it because that is the best way to get over someone.

He knows where YOU are and he knows how to contact you if HE changes his mind and wants to be with you again once his anxiety level gets under control and he has a handle on his school work.
    You were fine before you were his girlfriend and you will be fine again in time, once you have rehabbed from the addiction of having him in your life. You'll be fine. He will contact you if he wants to. If he does... you best make sure that he's had some psychological counselling to help him learn how to multi-task and cope with his academic work-load. If he hasn't had that, then you truly are taking a chance on this happening to you again.

You're going to fail school along with him if you don't leave him alone and refocus on your education. He's stressed out and he doesn't need the stress of you trying to talk him out of his decision. Sorry I haven't told you what you came here to hear but there it is.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Hello there love, I think that what your feeling is guilt at this moment. When you were in a neutral emotional position you made the decision of ending the relationship. By sticking around to help him get over the grieving process you didn't let him go through the emotional stages to get over you. Since you were there and helped, it feels like you never left to him. Now that you are not there and a few days has passed he is going through the stages he would of gone initially. My suggestion is for you to give it a few days and carry on with your life, that way you can process if the decision you made initially was the right one. Hope it all goes well, cheers love.

if you want him back.. go for it girl.. consider varying options.. this of love spells.. think of things to rekindle the initial love.. work on it and get it right it is well..