+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Going on break...Will he come back?

Going on break...Will he come back?

Ok, so on Friday me and my boyfriend (or should I say ex?) had a talk. We have been having problems lately and things have been getting worse. We started talking and he said that we have been growing apart, which is true. Then he said that he needed for us to take a break. Well of course I was all upset and asked him why. He said he needed some time right now to get through things and that he knew he wasn't giving a 110% to our relationship like he could be. He said he is so busy with work, school, extra activities that he just doesn't have the time to give me like he should be. He also told me he loves me so much and that this will not be forever, that he will come back. Well I have had this happen to me once before, and the guy didn't come back. But he was younger, and immature. And my ex? is different. I love him too and I don't want to lose him. I'm afraid he'll find someone else and never come back. He told me he doesn't want anyone else, he said he won't be looking. He also said he promises we will get back together. (He had a talk with my sister and promised her as well.) He said when we get back together he will give me all the attention I need. He also told my sister that Christmas break will be coming up soon when she asked him when school ends for him. He wanted me to call him yesterday and I did, and then he wanted to call me again later, and he never called. And now that is bothering me. So I don't know, what does everyone think? Think we will get back together? Also, if anyone has any quotes (I want to put one in my aim profile) that would fit my situation if you could add those, thanks.

Re: Going on break...Will he come back?

He said he needed some time right now to get through things and that he knew he wasn't giving a 110% to our relationship like he could be. He said he is so busy with work, school, extra activities that he just doesn't have the time to give me like he should be. He also told me he loves me so much and that this will not be forever, that he will come back.
    It sounds to me as if this guy wants to keep his options open. It looks to me as if he wants out of the pressure and commitment of a relationship - but he's thrown himself a lifeline. He's forced you into allowing him to have a cooling off period. If he finds he can't do without you, he'll come back, which will actually make him the good guy, as he'll be living up to his promise. If he finds he likes his new found freedom, he's already out and all he has to do is lie low until you get the message.

I think he's taking you for a ride. I don't think he's being calculatingly callous, I think he's just being a man. You'll find some of his excuses in this [URL=http://www.ineedsomespace.com/love/love_solutions/letters/diy_letter.html]multiple choice break-up letter[/URL]. This just shows some of the tried and tested lines that are used every day. If he loves you so much, why does he want to back off? If you love someone, don't you want to be with them as much as possible, no matter what's going on in your life?

I'm sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear, but my advice is don't give him the chance. Finish it and preserve your dignity.
    I Need Some Space!
    [URL=http://www.ineedsomespace.com/]Stress Reduction[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.drum-sets-for-sale.com/]Drum Sets[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.photoshop-tutorial.co.uk/]Photoshop Tutorials[/URL]
    -------------------------------------------

I agree,
    I think he is trying to lt you down gently because he doesn't want to feel guilty for dumping you. I would watch your back on this and maybe you should consdier your options.
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    Yup. He's keeping his options open. If the next one doesn't work, maybe you will the next time.

Like Jane said, watch your back and consider you options.

LINEBACKER 2

I found great advice for my relationship problems at [url]www.problemsolver.htmoplanet.com[/url]

Well, he is being a major jerk now so I think you all are right. I think it was just an easy way for him to break up with me. He hasn't called me in a very long time so I left him a not so nice message on AIM and he posted it as an away message saying I'm a stalker!!! How can I be a stalker if I don't even talk to him except that one little note? So I really don't expect to hear from him again. But thats ok, because I'm seeing someone else. Thanks for everyones advice!

That was rude of him.. I am sorry.but at least you know now wat he is like...There are more fish in the sea....
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir