+ Follow This Topic

Thread: pre break up, why did he let me go so easily?

pre break up, why did he let me go so easily?

broke up w/my ex because I felt something was very "off" about his behavior towards me. I did approach him about how I felt, he was afraid at 1st, but when he saw I wasn't going to leave him, he acted exactly the same. I felt like he no longer cared about me as strongly as he did as he made no effort to move forward in the relationship. When I approached him about that a second time, that turned into a full blown argument where I was accused of being crazy and trying to destroy the relationship. I knew then and there that it was the end of the relationship because I knew I would never be able to approach him w/issues w/out him flipping out. I am really missing him and it's destroying me. He let me go so easily and my heart is broken. He has made little to no effort to contact me, at 1st he poured out his heart, said he messed up, blamed me for breaking his heart to one word messages on social media and through text. He always told me I was the best girlfriend he has ever had. If a guy really cares for a girl does he just let her walk out of his life like that? Btw this is the 1st and only break up, I am not planning to get back w/him.
    Last edited by RealLifeSeeker; 02-11-15 at 06:25 PM.

I don't understand. If you're not planning on going back to him, why do you want him to try and get you back? I suggest you be glad that he's not making this difficult for you.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, if a person is determined to end things with us, it's far better to let them go than to beg them to stay. After all, it would be crappy to have someone who's with you only because you put them under duress to do so
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I don't plan on going back and I was wondering why he didn't make effort before the break up. When I brought up these issues to him I had no intention in breaking up w/him until I experienced his reaction.

Maybe he wasn't serious about you from the start. How could a person change just like that. I believe love is so strong that a person will do anything to work it and keep it than breaking it like that. Move on. He is not worth it.

http://tinyurl.com/relationships-tricks-technique
    http://tinyurl.com/dating-howitworks
    http://tinyurl.com/relationshipslike-rightnow