+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need unbiased advise

Need unbiased advise

Hi everyone,
    I've never been on a site like this but I'm hoping I have a good experience.
    I've been married 24 years and a lot has happened aND changed in that time both good and bad but mostly good.
    My wife and I argue way too much. This has went on for 9 years and thou it gets better at times it's too often. She mentions divorce almost Everytime.
    Early in our marriage I was a big dreamer and failed at being faithful and being provider.
    At about 25 I grew up and have been a better man.
    About 10 years ago my business was failing and she went to work and excelled making supervisor. I felt helpless and beniesh her. I got a better job making more money and built her dream house in 2 years. Nothing changed. How do u know if this is enough to move past or keep my eyes open for the future.
    Last edited by Anonymous guy; 19-11-15 at 04:18 AM.

Hello Anonymous guy, welcome aboard. Enjoy your visits.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

have you tried marriage counselling?

Quote Originally Posted by lightstar View Post
    have you tried marriage counselling?
    3 different times. The first,2 times the consular basiclly agreed with me. The last time I went by myself. She doesn't want to go back. Most hard headed person ever.

do you want to stay with her or would you rather divorce? what advice are you looking for here?

Quote Originally Posted by lightstar View Post
    do you want to stay with her or would you rather divorce? what advice are you looking for here?
    That's a real tough question. I love her and our sex life is great but the fighting is unbearable. She very moody. We are totally different. I'm a gym rat that's concerned with my appearance and health, she's a smoker and doesn't seem to care. I try and find good in people and she holds grudges. I've been faithful for 24 of the 25 years but being honest, I don't think I could go without while divorce took place. That's part of my problem.

Get back into marriage counselling and the counselor will help you come to a healthy, practical decision. We can't help you on this forum because you're not really looking for advice or suggestions, you're looking for someone to tell you what to do. Only you can make the choice for yourself, and your marriage. Are you better off sticking it out? Or would you be better off divorced so you can start over?

Well thats the problem I think - cheating in the past. She might "forgive you" but she never forgives. You know its good that you build a dream house but thats the secondary things women are attracted to in a man. Think she dont want to go back to counseling cause she saw that problem is in her lol.
    The reason why old couples argue the most is being tired. With age she might get more tired.

You both are quite different its a miracle you stayed together for so long. I think you can live well without her if you keep your healthy lifestyle. But its up to you.

Maybe this video can help you with seeing what really attracts girls.
    youtube.com/watch?v=JoRlb6xcymA
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Op: You say you and your wife "argue way too much." What is it that you argue about mostly?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Pcmaster, I think you got this slightly mistaken. The reason for building the house was not to attract her but for us as a couple to be financially stable and happier.
    I'm sure she is tired and I understand. I've suggested eating better and excerizing. If I told her the grass is green she'd argue it's purple.
    My cheating was a fling when I was 19 years old. I know it hurt her and I felt horrible. I've have several other encounters with women since then and always ran the other way. She is extremely jelious and sometimes I'm overly nice to women but that's where I draw the line.
    She has done the exact same thing in front of me when I was at a low point in my life.
    I just don't know. My friends agree with me and I'm sure her friends agree with her. No one here knows me and the reason I was looking for Magic advise. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Op: You say you and your wife "argue way too much." What is it that you argue about mostly?
    The stupidest things you could argue about. What's for dinner, disaplen the kids (older kids), I've got too many cars and motorcycles. I take on too many projects, etc.
    I'm a jet aircraft mechanic and I do like tinkering.

- - - Updated - - -

When I was building the house, she'd come in everyday and ask Why did you do it like that. Constant criticism on her part. I know she's a woman but when I needed help, she'd stare off in space. I've known other couples that have the same ideas and work well together and that's what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous guy View Post
    but when I needed help, she'd stare off in space.
    Slap her in the face when she does that. You are together and you are not a stranger to her, she should help you. You say that to her.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 19-11-15 at 11:20 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will