+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should the first meeting be like if we have talked for a while prior?

What should the first meeting be like if we have talked for a while prior?

So I saw this girl on an online dating website (more towards long term relationships) and we started chatting with texts and had ongoing bi weekly phone calls where initially she asked me a lot of personal questions like family health history etc. which i answered truthfully. She did it more to check off the initial list i suppose. Anyway, I wanted to meet her but her mom came from out of state to visit and she doesnt feel comfortable meeting until she leaves (beginning of january). We are about 6 hrs driving apart as well and she did ask me that question which i answered if both party want to make it work it will be fine.

My question is this - when we meet mid -jan (she agreed already), what should we be doing? I consider this more than a sit down coffee chat since we know more about eachother already from the phone calls (usually lasts 1-2 hrs bi weekly) but I am not sure if it is wise to jump straight to a "date". I was thinking maybe a meal then try to do something afterwards if it kicks off? Any tips would be appreciated!

Start with coffee, a stroll, then on to dinner and ur place. Ur place doesnt have to mean sex. But you have been talking a lot and she is driving a long ways so it may happen.you already like each other.

Quote Originally Posted by twooddtrees View Post
    Start with coffee, a stroll, then on to dinner and ur place. Ur place doesnt have to mean sex. But you have been talking a lot and she is driving a long ways so it may happen.you already like each other.

I will try to plan something with her tomorrow when we chat. I HOPE things go smoothly... i mean if she was not interested then i dont know why she would talk on the phone so many times... maybe the physical attraction might not be there when we meet - but that's out of my control for now.

I think after we meet I should ask her either text or chat if she wants to continue - i think that could be a good indication since we have known eachother for a little bit now AND we have seen eachother... but i am thinking too far ahead...

Good luck! Update us to let us know how it goes!

She is six hours away. How practical is a relationship with someone who is that far away? Which one of you has the fear of commitment. You or her?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion