+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I have no idea what is going on, or what to think?!

I have no idea what is going on, or what to think?!

I've been using a dating web site for a while now. A couple of weeks ago, a guy contacted me and we got talking. We went on a date on Sunday evening; just drinks in town, nothing major. The date went really, really well. As we enjoyed ourselves, we didn't go home (separately, of course!) until 12:30am. We had a little kiss at the end, which was lovely.

We were constantly texting each other on Monday and Tuesday. We really liked each other, very very smitten and very happy. He said lots of nice things and we talked about being together and the future and things. We agreed that we were both going to come off the dating web site (not that it was an important thing), and that was his suggestion. He asked when he could see me again, so we arranged for me to go over to his this Saturday night, he's going to cook for me and we'll watch a couple of movies, and then we were going to get together Sunday afternoon, too.

On Wednesday, I didn't hear from him, despite him being on line lots. At lunch time I asked if everything was okay. He read my message but didn't respond. He eventually responded on Wednesday night, saying that he's having problems with his 15 year old son at home, as he wants to live with Lee and it's causing family bust ups and fighting. We chatting for a bit, but he wasn't the same. He said he was having a bad week and he was sorry he wasn't himself. He said he'd had enough of it now. And he really wasn't. I gave him a bit of a get out option by saying if he wanted me to go away and give him some space, he only had to say, but he said he would be fine, just needs to sort things out. He got a bit more flirty towards the end of the conversation.

Yesterday, I barely heard from him at all. Again, he was on line loads. I text him to say good luck at his dentists appointment and he replied about 15 minutes later to say he'd been in and was now out and he asked if I was okay. I replied, but he didn't reply again. He then text me last night and said "hay, are you okay?" I replied to say "yeah, I'm alright, how are you?" However, despite reading it straight away, he never responded?

I couldn't help but look him up on the dating web site this morning. He is still on there (he said on Tuesday he was having difficulties in deleting his profile), but it does say that he's been "online this week", so it would seem he hasn't been on it since Tuesday.

I have deleted all of our texts and conversations and I have deleted his number out of my phone so that I cannot sit watching when he's online, or chase and nag him.

At the moment, as far as I'm concerned, I'm still due to go over to his tomorrow, however, I don't know where he lives and we have not sorted out any actual arrangements. I'm aware there's plenty of time yet though.

I'm not sure what to make of this though. Is he really just having massive problems? If so, do you think he'll get back to his old self with me when he's sorting it out? Or has he lost interest? I'm not convinced he's found someone else, particularly on the dating website given that he's not using it, but I can't be sure.

He could be having actual problems, but then again he could be losing interest.

I seriously wouldn't over think this. Guys that don't keep you in the loop at the start, well, that's a trend that will continue I'm afraid. But the decision is yours.

I have an awesome video by one of my favourite Youtubers for you. Hold on:

Bah, I can't post links - but go onto Youtube - look up Amy Young and check out her latest [URL=https://www.loveforum.net/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=mantramonday]#mantramonday[/URL] video
    http://therelationshipblogger.com/ - I love to blog about Relationships in general