+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Finding love letters from his ex

Finding love letters from his ex

I have been dating a guy for almost a year and a half. He used to text and call and say the sweetest things to me all the time. But out of nowhere, things changed. About 5 months later, I was at his house cleaning up and I found a letter from his so called ex. I knew about this girl from a previous conversation when he told me that she was a good friend of his back in college and she was dating a guy, got caught up and was sent to jail. In this letter, she confessed how much love she had for him and how she couldn't wait to see him when she got out of jail. I confronted him about the letter that night, and he told me that she knew about me and he was just telling her sweet things because he felt sorry for her. Of course, I let it go because I loved him.

About a couple months later, I found another letter. Again, they were confessing their love for each other. She was thanking him for sending her pictures and thanking him for spending time with her mom. This time, I didn't confront him about it. I thought to myself, well he is still pursuing a relationship with me, he doesn't want her.

Now, a couple of days ago, I was at his house using the bathroom, and a valentines day card was sitting on top of the sink. It was from the same girl. She said she is so in love with him and was thanking him for everything he does for her. I confronted him about it, and he says he doesn't care about it and he took it out of the bathroom, but he didn't throw it away.

I'm upset, and he doesn't seen to care. He says I'm overreacting and I'm mad for nothing. Am I overreacting, or is this man just taking advantage of me??

leave... run... don't even close the door... just leave him. That's my advice.
    Sorry, but it sounds like he is keeping you around until she get out. what an asshole to do that to you! You deserve better.

Quote Originally Posted by UniquelyMe1994 View Post
    I have been dating a guy for almost a year and a half. He used to text and call and say the sweetest things to me all the time. But out of nowhere, things changed. About 5 months later, I was at his house cleaning up and I found a letter from his so called ex. I knew about this girl from a previous conversation when he told me that she was a good friend of his back in college and she was dating a guy, got caught up and was sent to jail. In this letter, she confessed how much love she had for him and how she couldn't wait to see him when she got out of jail. I confronted him about the letter that night, and he told me that she knew about me and he was just telling her sweet things because he felt sorry for her. Of course, I let it go because I loved him.

About a couple months later, I found another letter. Again, they were confessing their love for each other. She was thanking him for sending her pictures and thanking him for spending time with her mom. This time, I didn't confront him about it. I thought to myself, well he is still pursuing a relationship with me, he doesn't want her.

Now, a couple of days ago, I was at his house using the bathroom, and a valentines day card was sitting on top of the sink. It was from the same girl. She said she is so in love with him and was thanking him for everything he does for her. I confronted him about it, and he says he doesn't care about it and he took it out of the bathroom, but he didn't throw it away.

I'm upset, and he doesn't seen to care. He says I'm overreacting and I'm mad for nothing. Am I overreacting, or is this man just taking advantage of me??
    There is obviously something fishy going between the guy your dating and his ex girlfriend. What it is, I don't know. But it is most certainly suspect. And you have every right to be upset.

My advice would be, don't overreact. Be vigilant, and continue to ask the guy your dating questions in respect to his ex. If he chooses to shuck and jive or dodge the questions. And you notice a sharp decrease in intimacy or you feel that he has become distant with you the closer she is set to be released from jail. Than perhaps it's time you reevaluate your relationship with him, and accept the fact you may have to walk away from the relationship. I know the thought that you may have to walk away from the relationship breaks your heart, but it's right thing to do.