+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So there's this girl...

So there's this girl...

Ok… I’ve never done anything like this before but I have suddenly been tripped up.
    There is this girl that goes to the same art school as I do, there is a bit of an age difference (she’s 19 and I’m 31), but she charms the heck out of me. She has a boyfriend but she seems into me… I honestly am not sure. There have been a ton of cues that I have noticed.

She caught herself playing with her hair when talking to me, looked embarrassed and quickly stopped. Now she always wears her hair up when she’s in our class.

I have seen her stroking her necklace when talking to me.

She mirrors me all the time. Seriously, once I notice, I even change positions to see if she will. She invited me to eat with her and her boyfriend and she sat across from me. I put my arms up on the table and rested my chin on my hands and she did the same. I had a ton of food left over because I wasn’t very hungry and asked for a to-go box and she did the same for a single tender… not ground breaking but come on 1 chicken tender?

She legs crossed next to me and shakes her leg a LOT and even taps on the wheels of my chair when we are turned to face the projector. She will occasionally hit the chair with enough force she apologizes. I think she just wants to get a reaction out of me?

Last week, in addition to mirroring me, she kind of went silent, touched her lips and sat quietly, suddenly she got up and said she had to go to the bathroom.

She asks for my opinion on any and all art she is working on for other classes.

She randomly complained about how her eyebrows looked and blemishes she can feel coming on. Maybe fishing for compliments and man I could give them to her all day long…

So I finally broke down a few days ago and texted her this:
    “I have something I need to say… your nose is undeniably cute and anyone saying anything but is crazy” (her boyfriend called it pointy… It isn’t in anyway pointy…)
    “Your eyebrows are absolutely perfect and you are incredibly adorable for thinking otherwise” (seriously she is…)
    "A small blemish you feel coming on or a full blown breakout could never degrade how gorgeous you are because your beauty isn't just skin deep." (Maybe going overboard but that's how I feel...)
    "You impress the heck out of me and I'm sure that will continue to happen every week." (not an exaggeration, her art is amazing)

Anyway I have texted her with encouraging stuff like this before and she would laugh and say "thank you!" or something like that but this time she tripped me up with a question I didn't expect.
    "(my name) why are you telling me these things?" now my mind is going crazy, I don't know what to say... I want to say a lot of things but I can't figure out of the question is good or bad for me! I can see it both ways in my head... I am desperate for some guidance!

I really would like some feedback if possible... If this is in the wrong place in the forum I apologize. I would gladly move this to the right area...

What looks did her BF give you when you sat together? Any look uncomfortable, did you feel she was flirting with in presence of her BF? She sounds like you make her nervous maybe she likes you or trying to impress because you are older than her.

Her mirroring sounds immature, don't you think?

EEKs on that text, not something you send to someone with a SO, how'd she reply? If she replies in kind she needs to BU with her BF because is crossing boundaries with you.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

She's 19 bro, the young ones are attention whores...all she feels is flattered, that some old guy is infatuated with her...she is just flustered but her heart isn't fluttering. Her ego goes boom! through the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    She's 19 bro, the young ones are attention whores...all she feels is flattered, that some old guy is infatuated with her...she is just flustered but her heart isn't fluttering. Her ego goes boom! through the roof.
    What Smackie9 said...

If she's staying with her bf she's probably not serious about you. Don't get messed around. Alternatively if you think you can handle her then go for it. Just beware she might just be playing (She might not even know what she's doing)