+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 7 years gap. Guy 26 girl 33. Is it ok?

7 years gap. Guy 26 girl 33. Is it ok?

I've been with the girl for a year now and I've known her for more than 2 years. I'm 26 years old from Singapore and My gf is 33 from another country. We don't have problems with culture. My main concern is I'm still a student and she's getting old and may not be able to give birth. If you are in my situation, What will you do? Will you give up? I asked her to find another guy who are stable and can support her. I'm still pursuing my degree and she's working here in Singapore. She's not worried about our age and she's also not expecting me to pay for everything. Every time we go out we share cost. I like her character, she's caring and she really love me. She doesn't look like her age, most people first impression on her is younger than me. I'm happy being with her but sometimes reality hits hard.

Please help.

Just be with her as long as you are good together. Often girl you are dating in university is not the girl you marry. I would say dont take girls too seriously while you study. Experience many and all kinds.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Do you want kids very soon? What is her timeline on kids, have you discussed that yet?
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

You're still a student at the age of 26?!!! And you're worried of dating a woman who's 7 years older than you?

Are you kidding me? I would be worried dating a guy who's still in school at your age (unless you're in medical school)!

Thanks everyone for your reply. Yes I want kids and I can't support her yet as I'm still studying. I'm taking finance studies and it's not easy to graduate with degree at a young age in Singapore. As she age, giving birth may have complications which i'm really worried now. I do love her but sometimes it's demoralising to think about our situation.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinChow View Post
    I do love her but sometimes it's demoralising to think about our situation.
    Maybe it's the wrong use of the word (cause English is not your native language) but there is nothing demoralizing about dating a girl 7 years your senior. If anything, consider yourself lucky cause she dated you even if you are not as quite financially stable as her.

If the age gap bothers you, stop dating her. If it doesn't bother you and you two are happy together, keep dating her. It doesn't have to be so difficult. Stop focusing on societal norms of what a relationship should look like, and which relationship milestones you haven't reached yet. You are both lucky to be with someone, so be happy about that. If it's not enough, and you two have different ideas about marriage/kids/etc., then maybe it's not the right relationship for you.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Quote Originally Posted by dontaskme View Post
    Maybe it's the wrong use of the word (cause English is not your native language) but there is nothing demoralizing about dating a girl 7 years your senior. If anything, consider yourself lucky cause she dated you even if you are not as quite financially stable as her.
    Thank you for your reply sir, I don't find it grammatically error but I refer to it as discouraging and no motivation to continue with regards to our situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melancholia View Post
    If the age gap bothers you, stop dating her. If it doesn't bother you and you two are happy together, keep dating her. It doesn't have to be so difficult. Stop focusing on societal norms of what a relationship should look like, and which relationship milestones you haven't reached yet. You are both lucky to be with someone, so be happy about that. If it's not enough, and you two have different ideas about marriage/kids/etc., then maybe it's not the right relationship for you.
    thank you ma'am for your words of wisdom. i really appreciate it.

you worry too much lol 33 isn't that old. if she's like most women, she has 10 to 15 years left to give birth.

my mom and dad are 10 years apart and they've had a beautiful marriage, so its about feelings