+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I Finally Cut Him Off No Contact and He's Come Back

I Finally Cut Him Off No Contact and He's Come Back

I had been seeing this guy on and off for 7 years. We had dated exclusively for two years. After we broke up officially, we have this on and off thing going where we weren't in an official relationship, we would just act like it. (Hang out, sex, little dates) However our relationship was pretty toxic. He was emotionally abusive. He would tear me down. Stop talking to me with no explanation. When we would argue he would block my number, talk to other girls, etc. In December he told me we should just be friends because our relationship wasn't going anywhere. So after thinking about it for awhile, I decided to cut him off no contact. I blocked his phone number. It's been almost 2 months. He has tried to reach out a few times via Facebook and email and although I miss him as well, I'm afraid that if we start back talking eventually maybe not at first but eventually we will be back going through the same cycle. I just need some opinions and advice on what to do.

He's like some toxic love boomerang for you. I would suggest if you feel it does you more harm than good conversing with him, keep him blocked and remain strong.

This is a pointless relationship. Forget about it and don't come into contact with him any more. Just move on and build a healthy relationship from scratch. This advice may help, too: blog.nexusdate.com/how-to-build-healthy-relationships/

He sounds like a scumbag to me. Now, in fairness, maybe that is just my gut reaction based on what you've shared. For all I know, maybe you were both equally part of why you two didn't work out. Bottom line, though, it doesn't really matter. Your relationship with him (in your own words, even) was toxic. Honestly, what would really be the point of continuing that? I mean, honestly, why even bother to continue to be friends?

Not that I'm saying you should hold onto hurt feelings. Let those go and re-learn to be happy within yourself. But, at the same time, realize that he is just not good for you in any capacity. So, I would agree with the others. Stick to your guns and stay no contact with him. If he becomes insistent, maybe just give him a simple reply to say "I do appreciate that you want to remain friendly, but I think it would just be best for us to go our separate ways. Good luck to you." Just leave it at that. Hopefully he can respect that, but if not, that is his problem not yours. Good luck to you.