+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Overseas/Deployed M 31 likes someone (a lot) hard to know how to progress.

Overseas/Deployed M 31 likes someone (a lot) hard to know how to progress.

Hello, I am overseas and I recently met a girl that I like. I believe that she may be interested in me as well as she responded very well to me the times we have talked, we have a lot in common, I gave her a gift she responded well to, she made sure to tell me the ring she is wearing is not an engagement ring, and she said "A guy who listens and gives me stuff, where have you been?". Oh and she's only been in country for like 10 days.

Anyway, I'm deployed so I can't be like "Oh, let's go get dinner and drinks". It's awkward kind of. I can go hang out with her at work, I can see if she has free time and talk to her, ultimately I'll be like "want to watch a movie in my room" and see if anything happens from there. I like her though, I'm not like, desperate or anything, she isn't a gross hobbit or monster.

How does a guy overseas court or whatever? It's weird.

Since you can't date at the moment, you're going to have to do things the old fashioned way.... even still, you're ahead of those of us who were deployed say, in the 80's like myself. Stamps, envelopes, and actual WRITING and waiting for an answer. Writing each other every day meant a message every day. In the present tense, there's no waiting, you can communicate as you please, and yet you still have that need for patience. Write her, ask her questions about herself, her life, her day, her friends, family (you get the picture). Call as often as the relationship allows, and when you do get to spend some time in person, you've built something to go on.

Thanks for answering friend. Just to clarify, she is in the military as well, out here on the same base, the same rank, not in my unit and I'm not a creeper or anything This is my third deployment. I focus on my duties but I think she may like me so why not right?

Don't let a relationship get in the way of your job. Take it slowly but steadily. It should work fine for you. Also, check out some tips: blog.nexusdate.com/keys-to-happiness-in-a-relationship/