+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it ok to be friends with someone you use to like though.

Is it ok to be friends with someone you use to like though.

I still haven't found the right person to be with yet. I feel pretty alone ya. The guy I use to like still want to be friends with me though. Does anyone know if it's ok for me to be friends with him though. I am wondering why he still wants to ya. Any advice would be cool. Thanks.

Why wouldn't it be ok to stay friends with them? Do you want to be friends with this person?
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Ya I just wonder if he still likes me though. I think usually a guy don't just want to be stay friends with someone ya. I mean he will find a girl he likes to be with. I am not sure though.

Yes, it is okay to remain friends,only isn't if you still like a person and can't get past those feelings then being friends with them becomes a torture on your emotions.

I agree with topaz. Why wouldn't it be okay? As long as neither of you still has the same feelings, then if you are both okay with it, what is wrong with that? Typically it may not be a good idea to be friends with somebody you liked, or that liked you, or both, but that's only if it is because one of you is (whether you realize it or not) holding yourself back from seeking out an actual relationship as a result. (For example, if you are friends with the person, but are really just hoping that if you remain friends with them they will eventually change their mind and realize they want more.)

IF you both can be just friends and be fine with that, then there is no reason you shouldn't be friends if you want. On the other hand, if it could just cause hurt/complicated feelings for either/both of you, then it would be best to remain friendly, but not directly friends. In other words, you don't have to be rude to each other, but probably best not to hang out if that is the case.