+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to not think about someone you like for most of the time though.

How to not think about someone you like for most of the time though.

There is someone I like ya. I am thinking about the person for most of the time though. Even at work I can't stop thinking about the person. It's hard to work ya. How can I stop thinking about the person as much though. It makes me sad when I miss the guy ya. Anyone has any advice. Thanks.

Drugs,alcohol,suicide,games,friends,work alot, bodybuild, practice a hobby ,ride a cowboy, play with kids,read a book.

Limitless ways.

You forgot ritualistic torture.

LOL! Now, but being serious, Fuzzy has a good point. Not the drugs alcohol or suicide, but the idea of occupying yourself with other things that make you happy. Is this somebody you are dating, or just somebody on whom you have a crush? Either way, honestly, why not enjoy the feeling? You certainly shouldn't let it hinder other aspects of your life, but it can be a great feeling having somebody to like. Why not enjoy that feeling, yet at the same time remember that there are other things in life you can enjoy, as well as other things that are important?

Honestly, that is also the sort of thing that will fade in time. Which, if you are a couple, doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing. It can be a really good thing if you let it, because that can be when you two know each other completely, warts and all, and yet still love each other. On the other hand, if this is just a crush we are talking about, that will also eventually fade if it is never reciprocated. So, either way time will also solve this problem for you.

Ya this is just someone that I am msg with though. I haven't met the person yet. I do like the feeling of missing the person ya. It's just hard that I think about him for most of the time ya. I get sad when I don't get msg for awhile. Thanks.

I used to feel that way too Asiangal.
    You have to occupy yourself with other things.
    Imo, exercise is a very good choice!
    It works.
    But you need to be very patient.

Exactly. Basically, to sum it up, you need to fall in love with you. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't mean you should become cocky and self-centered. I just mean you need to realize that you are awesome. Yeah, this guy may seem great, but if it never moves anywhere with him, then that is HIS loss. There will be some other fella out there who will be interested in you.

On the other hand, if you two do eventually start dating, love yourself enough to realize that it would be great if that goes well, but if it doesn't then it just means it wasn't the right fit. If you want it, there WILL BE somebody out there who will be your true match. If you and this fella are meant to be, it will happen, so as best you can, try not to think too much about it. Just let things flow naturally. Good luck to you.

Ya I am sad that this guy I was msg with isn't interested in me anymore though. I still think about him though. I am sad ya. How do I not think of him anymore though.
    I miss him ya. Any advice would be cool. Thanks.

I mean, as we've said, just occupy your mind with other things. Hobbies, friends, exercise, whatever works for you. I think we can all understand how you are feeling. I am sure we have all at one time or another liked somebody when the feelings were not reciprocated. (Cripes, for me that is basically my life story because I am so ridiculously shy I've almost never been able to bring myself to do anything about it even when I DO like somebody.) Or even were with somebody and that ended. So, I think anybody could understand the feelings you are currently having, and how difficult it can be to stop thinking about him.

That will fade in time. You can help it by occupying your mind with other things that make you happy. Surround yourself with friends, with family, with hobbies, with things that remind you that you can enjoy life even just by yourself. Remind yourself that YOU are pretty awesome. Just focus on being happy with you. In time, the right guy WILL come along. Maybe you'll be the one to ask him out, maybe he'll be the one to ask you out, but he WILL come along and you'll see then why you shouldn't even give this other fella a second thought. Good luck to you!