+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does he want a relationship?

Does he want a relationship?

This guy and I are both college students and we have known each other for about a month.
    He and I have been talking a lot and about a week ago met up for ice-cream. He knows I like him but he's very guarded. Last night, we had a little movie date and I ended up spending the night with him. He didn't try anything sexual. He literally just cuddled with me for hours and held my hand and kissed me on my cheeks and forehead and nose etc.. He's not expressive at all through words so it's really hard for me to tell what he wants.

I don't think we can say that for sure just based on the evidence you have given, but I will say that it definitely at least does SEEM like he wants a relationship. After all, I don't think guys tend to go around cuddling with or kissing (albeit just on the cheeks and forehead) the females in their lives that they consider only friends.

It could be possible he is just sort of shy. It could also be possible that maybe he's a little old fashioned, so he wouldn't want to be trying anything so early in your relationship (if that is what this is). If you go out with him a few more times, hopefully his intentions will begin to become more clear. If they don't, though, you should feel free to just talk to him about it. You would certainly not be wrong to want to be clear about exactly what, if anything, you two are. Are you friends? Are you dating? Are you magical flying donkeys with rainbow hair. ....Well, okay, probably not that last thing, but you know...

If he otherwise doesn't make it clear, then how are you going to know unless you ask? Sure, you run the risk of finding out he does just want to be friends, but wouldn't you honestly be better of knowing that rather than to continue wasting your time in limbo wondering? And, heck, if he IS interested in you as more than friends, but as been too shy to go for it, maybe knowing you are interested as well will help him to finally move forward.

Good luck to you.