+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why do guys like to take awhile to respond to msg though.

Why do guys like to take awhile to respond to msg though.

I have been doing msg with someone I like for awhile. I like to know what he thinks of me so I msg him most of the time though. I am not sure why he takes awhile to reply my msg though. Maybe he isn't interested in me anymore ya. Does anyone know if guys don't really like doing msg though. Any advice would be cool. Thanks.

What method of messaging do you tend to utilize? (Text message, phone call, e-mail, private message on some sort of social media, etc.) Also, define "a while." For example, on average how long does it take for you to get any kind of reply? I ask because that could honestly make a difference.

Because.... honestly.... yeah.... As a standard rule of thumb, guys are less into chatting a lot. I'm not saying it is like a hard set rule that all women like to chat with people all the time and all guys don't as much. No two people are alike. But, in general guys do tend to be less talkative. Like, in other words, often women talk to their friends every day, whereas guys can go months without talking to each other and then they just pick up the next day like there was never any time between them.

So, if you two are really just friends at this stage, or even early on in the "just dating" stage, it may not be that he's not interested, it may just simply be that he doesn't respond as quickly. Now, that SHOULD improve if/when you two became a more serious thing, so if at that point you still felt like you never hear from him and you always have to be the one to initiate, then that certainly could be a problem.

For now, just try not to worry too much about it. Believe me, I know how nerve-wracking it can be to like somebody and drive yourself crazy over wondering if they feel the same way. I know how tempting it can be to message them again and again because you just want some kind of response from them. The thing is, you could scare somebody away by doing that.

For that matter, if it gets to a point where you feel like he never shows any interest and you are always the one having to start the conversation.... that's really much more an indication that maybe you need to forget him and move on. If he likes you, it should start to become natural that he wants to be in touch more and more. So, if that never happens, don't try to make him more communicative, just realize that he doesn't show you the attention you deserve and move on. Good luck to you either way.

Ya we were doing txt messaging though. Most of the other guys that msg with me usually reply on the day I send the msg though. This guy takes more than that to reply though. I don't know why he is different from the other ones ya. We have been msg for a few week already. I miss him ya. I don't know what to do though. Any more advice would be cool. Thanks.

Is it pretty regular that he takes longer than a day to respond to a text? If that seems to pretty much be the standard with him, then my personal thoughts would be one of two things:

1) He's just naturally that uncommunicative
    2) He's not that engaged in your relationship

Unless I misunderstand, you two are early on in the relationship. So, you may not necessarily be in the text every moment of every day phase yet, but he should at least be excited enough to talk to you more than he is. It certainly is possible that is just his way. IF that is the case, then you have to decide if that is okay with you. Honestly, it would be perfectly understandable if it is not.

Frankly, I'd be right with you on that. If I were with somebody, I wouldn't expect that they should be at my beck and call every single second of every single day (as they also shouldn't expect of me), but I would at least expect that they'd be excited to talk to me often. So, I'd be with you on that not being enough.

On the other hand, if you keep trying to initiate conversation, to set up dates, etc. and he never seems to be able to reciprocate, then I think that is time to just move on because he's obviously not committing the attention and interest to the relationship that he should. As anybody would, you deserve somebody who can commit the appropriate attention to your relationship. If he never talks to you, how are you two ever supposed to get to know each other? So, if nothing ever changes, don't waste too much of your time. Cut your losses and look for somebody else.

Good luck.

I. Just. Hate. Online. Relationship. Procedure.

It destroys a relationship,they try to be cool and respond late. Partner mistakes it as the guy doesn't care/he doesn't love me enough ,eventually a doomed relationship. Just do it over the phone and try not making a big scene over some effing texts woman.
    HES PROBABLY HEAD OVER HEELS FOR YOU LIKE A HOPELESS 13 YEAR OLD. Talk on the phone ,hell, just meet up. You'll see the difference im talking about.