+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She Just Needs Time?

She Just Needs Time?

Me and my girlfriend of almost 4 years just broke up a couple weeks ago...after the first two weeks of crying and begging her to come back and her ignoring me, we started talking again. We have been talking as friends and stuff like that here lately, I convinced her to Skype with me last night so we could talk about the relationship. She insisted that we take a break, we can try again in June (about 2 months from now). She kept saying that she loves me so much and cares for me and can't imagine being with anyone else, and that we will get back together again for sure. She did her best to reassure me of that, and I believe her.

She just said that she needs these 2 months to work on herself and I should take them and work on myself as well, that we were each other's only source of happiness and that is why our relationship fell apart. And I agree with her, we both pushed our family/friends away and focused on nothing but each other - and the small things, any imperfections at all, would turn into a fight. I really believe that she will give me another chance after these 2 months, but I just want some advice from some outsiders. Should I respect her wishes of taking a break and not contact her until June? Or should I try to convince her of something else? Thanks in advance.

Respect her wishes.....in the meantime go out with other girls.