+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused about this girl i like....

Confused about this girl i like....

First off im 16 and this is the first girl i acually have feelings towards, she is 18 and just graduated from high school but now she works part time at my school. Here's the thing i got to know her over the summer and started to like her alot but im not sure if she likes me back.

She has complemented on my hair once or twice and when i see her after school she always jumps on me and hugs me, is this a sign that she likes me and how should i tell her that i like her?

I will be honest with you. This girl probably thinks of you more like a little brother than a romantic interest. Her complementing your hair means nothing. I could compliment a guy's shoes. That doesn't mean I want to date him. The running up and jumping on you sounds like she thinks of you like a little kid. If you like her, just invite her someplace. Don't tell her you like her b/c that is considered "too formal." Don't ask me why. In my 21 yrs of existence, I've never seen a guy profess his feelings to a girl and it actually worked. Tell her you're going to chuckycheese's or whatever place you kids go to these days and invite her to join. Make it seem like you are going without her anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole
    Tell her you're going to chuckycheese's or whatever place you kids go to these days and invite her to join. Make it seem like you are going without her anyway.
    LOL! That's pretty good.

First things first, dbzzx. Are you ready to and do you believe you can take command of any sexual involvement with her if it came to that?
    Speak less. Say more.

Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    First things first, dbzzx. Are you ready to and do you believe you can take command of any sexual involvement with her if it came to that?
    Or in layman's terms "Are you willing to tap that?"
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

well i would not rush lnto things but if the time came i would.

Does anyone know how i would get her to go out with me?

damn, you must not read. I just told you how to ask her out. Re-read my post.

I'd tend to agree with NeoSeminole's initial post. There's, usually, a BIG difference between an 18 year-old female and an 16 year-old male that can't easily be bridged. There are exceptions. Invite her to the cinema.
    Speak less. Say more.

Hmm...i'd have to agree with the others and say that she most likely does not see you in any romantic kind of way...but hey, it's worth a try. ^^

Ask her out to the cinema or maybe just out to get something to eat it doesn't have to be a "date" you can just try to bridge the gap at first...then move in further if it goes well...try just reaching out to her by talking...try to relax and just be yourself...

well...thats my 2 cents...good luck. =^_^=

Thanks alot, ill try that

Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    I'd tend to agree with NeoSeminole's initial post. There's, usually, a BIG difference between an 18 year-old female and an 16 year-old male that can't easily be bridged. There are exceptions. Invite her to the cinema.
    i think the age difference thing is nowhere near as bad as everyone says it is.

my friends always end up with people that are... actually, i dont think i've ever had a friend end up with someone in the same grade...

none of my friends are 19, not even guy friends - and i'm counting like.. everybody, even one a month kind of friends. there all like 16-17 or 20-21...

and the 16 year olds get along with the 21 year olds too... sometimes they hook up... although its always an older guy and a younger girl...

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjoe
    ...and the 16 year olds get along with the 21 year olds too... sometimes they hook up... although its always an older guy and a younger girl...
    Imagine that.
    Speak less. Say more.