+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hanging with Friends More than You

Hanging with Friends More than You

What do you do if your boyfriend or girlfriend, rather hang out with their friends, more than hang out with you, and never make time for you? Like you live far apart, and you always hear that they are hanging with their friends, and then you have to wait to hang out with them, and that could take from a week to a month, but yet they tell you they hang with their friends every other day, if not every single day. How would you feel if your partner did this to you?

Having a life outside of your relationship is good and healthy..... but not if it is to the point where one or the other in the relationship would actually RATHER spend time with their friends than their significant other. Or, heck, even if it isn't necessarily that they want to spend time with friends more than their SO, but they still never have time for their SO because of just that anyway.

So, maybe this is just my personal opinion, but I don't think this fella deserves you if that is his attitude. If he doesn't get to see you for weeks or months, and yet is still blatantly telling you he'd RATHER hang out with his friends (that he's seen over and over again already), then it doesn't sound like he is treating you as a priority at all. Your significant other, at least once things start to become serious, should be your top priority. That doesn't mean they need to be your ONLY priority, but they should be the top.

You deserve better than somebody who can barely be bothered to give you any of his time.

Well his friends live closer to him, distance-wise, so thats why he always hangs with them. He could hang with me, but he just can't right now and his friends are closer, so he will go hang with them.

That's fine and does make sense, but my point being his attitude shouldn't be he'd RATHER hang out with them than you. If/when it is possible for you two to arrange to get together, you shouldn't be made to feel like his default response is always "No thanks. I'd rather hang out with me friends."

Well he hangs out with his friends because again, they live closer, and they treat him better. Since I treat him like crap and him and I fight all the time, he will of course go to who is treating him better as opposed to turning to the person who is treating him like crap.