+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should I do, did he lie at the beginning of our relationship

What should I do, did he lie at the beginning of our relationship

A couple weeks ago my new boyfriend told me that a few of his mates would be home from Australia and he was spending the day with them. Anyway it's been a couple of weeks since then and I was bored so went on to fb. Facebook obviously suggests friends and this one girl came up so I had a look at her profile cause my bf is a mutual friend. And there he is tagged in her photo from that day and it's just the two of them.

He gave me the impression that a few friends were coming home and that they were boys. I feeling a little betrayed tbh and I don't know whether to say this to him. We were only dating about 3 weeks then so I don't know if I have a right. I was cheated on so honesty is a big deal for me. And it feels like he was being sneaky about it.

What at would you make of it?

Dump him.....you got played.

No, don't jump the gun and dump him. But you can definitely ask him about the woman in the picture. Ask if that is the friend he was talking about.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

You've only been dating for 3 weeks. Are you really boyfriend and girlfriend at this point? I only ask because, that early, unless you two have specifically discussed that, there's no reason to expect you are exclusive.

Of course, I would argue that even if that WERE the case, he could have just been honest with you if, in fact, this girl was his date, and not just a friend. You don't necessarily know if that WAS the case, so that's just speculation on my part. Anyway, even though he could have been honest with you, if you two are only in the "just dating" stage, I could understand why he'd not necessarily want to tell you the full truth. If you two are still in the "just dating" stage, there's nothing wrong with him seeing other gals (nor would there be anything wrong with you seeing other guys). All the same, he may not want to make you feel like just one of many, so he thought it easier just not to divulge the whole truth.

If you ARE considering yourself exclusive/boyfriend and girlfriend, then that is different. All the same, I agree with melancholia that you shouldn't necessarily immediately jump to the conclusion that he cheated on you. Though, admittedly, I also agree with Smackie that it does SEEM that way. Still, you shouldn't just assume without really knowing. Maybe she actually IS just a friend. Maybe she's a friend he's had his whole life. You really don't know. So, just ask him about it. Don't ask in an accusatory way, though. Even though you may be a little worried/doubtful of his motives, you have to ask just as though you were just innocently curious. Just sort of like "Oh, hey, who is this on your Facebook?" More like you are curious about his life rather than as though you are accusing him of any wrongdoing.

Frankly, if he IS just playing you.... believe me, he won't get away with it for long. Guys like that eventually screw up. So, no need to jump to any rash conclusions when you don't really know for sure the reality of the situation. Good luck to you.