+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Definition of "romantic"

Definition of "romantic"

Hi everybody,

I am no native speaker of English therefore I have to ask that question about the definition of "romantic interests". What does that mean commonly in your opinion?

A) If a person has only sexual interests in another person it's not "romantic interests", right?
    B) Must I be really in deep love to say I have "romantic interests" in a man?
    C) If I have a crush on somebody is that "romantic interests"?
    D) If I have the wish to gain the friendship of a man and at the same time can imagine to have sex later is that "romantic interests"?

Please don't laugh at me, but in my language I suppose the meaning is slightly different than in English.
    Thanks a lot!

Best,
    Unsecurity

I notice you posted this in Ask a Male, not a male but most who answer on here are female so I will give you a reply... To me Romantic Interests are people want to date you, they are interested in having a relationship with you, being intimate and so on. Sexually attracted to someone is whats sparks a romantic interest, imo. No, you don't need to be head over heels in love to feel this way, but it is the start of maybe going that direction... If you like someone more than friends then yes, they could be considered a romantic interest for you.