+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should I do?

What should I do?

Hi
    So he tells me I'm only a friend and we shouldn't have sex. I respect that. We have a good friendship. I find it odd that we have so much contact and sleep beside each other.
    We talk everyday on the phone. We catch up at least twice a week and do dinner or a movie and I always sleep in his bed on those nights, just hugging.
    He is on multiple dating sites, and says he's looking for a relationship. He goes on a lot of dates which generally become one night stands and then he finds some reason why hes not interested In them.
    On the weekend. We went to a movie, went back to his place and layed on a matress infront of the fire, had sex. Now he's giving me the silent treatment.
    Is this really just friendship? Or is he using me?
    I have strong feelings for this guy. But I'm worried I'm wasting my time and he will never feel the same.
    So do I wait it out or walk away?

Get yourself onto other dates and let him know you are going on them. Join a dating site and show him some fit guys that have messages you etc. If you have asked him and he says no, it's just a friendship but is still doing this, he's probably just having fun. I would imagine does like you, but likes the attention and someone chasing him more. It will build your self-esteem a bit and will draw his attention to the fact you aren't going to wait forever. See how he reacts. If he notches things up, good news for you. If it doesn't bother him in the least then you have your answer too.

I only partly agree with confuzzzed. Usually, if a guy tells you you're just friends, than there are no romantic feelings. Guys will use chances to have sex. Maybe he thought as he told you already that you are only friends, but you still made a move onto him, you'd be fine having fun and no more. So be prepared for that kind of reality as well.

I think you should give him a little space to get his thoughts together. If this only happened last weekend, then give him a week (I know it is hard but give him that time) and after that meet/text him and see what happens.

The most important is that whatever happens, you always only want a relationship everybody is happy in. So if he makes clear that he is not that into you, it is time to work on moving on ...

Wish you all the best!