+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Confused / need help / want her back

Confused / need help / want her back

Hi,

Well, a few hours ago my girlfriend broke up with me... and this is why. We were talking online and our conversation turned sour:

her: me and X are in the FCWA
    me: whats the fcwa
    her: FAT CHICKS WITH ATTITUDE
    me: haha. its funny because its true
    her: hey!
    her: are you calling me fat?
    her: you're an *******
    me: no, I didn't mean to say that at all

From there on it was a series of 'f*ck yous' and 'don't talk to me, followed by 'we're over'. I explained to her that I didn't mean it that way, and apoligized to no avail. We've been going out for a long time, long enough that we've seriously discussed getting engaged, so naturally I was inclined to tell her how much i loved her.. still to no avail with the same response. Then she signed off. About 10 minutes later she called me crying... i was on the verge of crying, she called said hi, i asked her how she was, told her i loved her and I didn't want to lose her, then she hung up.

I love this girl with all my heart, and I don't know what to do. I have a feeling she'll call me tomorrow, perhaps apoligizing (she has bad mood swings once in a while, though not this bad (ending in breakup) and she usually calls and apologizes), though she might not, I have no idea. I don't want her to leave me, and I know she loves me back, so I'm very cofused as to what I should do. I told her I'd call her tomorrow, so my question is this, should I call her, or wait to see if she calls me? Secondly, what should I try to do to get her back.

Thank you for any advice you can give me, im completely lost and just about anything would help me now. thanks again.

Buy her a box of chocolate. haha, j/k

Don't you know you should never EVER agree with a girl who is calling herself fat? When you talk to her, assure her you think she is beautiful exactly as she is. And don't ever do it again.

yeah, it was an entirely unintentional thing that wasnt meant to be taken that way... i was going to correct myself but then the whole a**hole stuff started pouring out.

Thanks for that. Does anyone have any advice on what i should do with contact? Should I wait for her to call, or call her... or maybe write her a nice e-mail about how beautifal she is? Thanks again.

Oh God, what women do just to get attention...And you on the other hand, like shh! mentioned, should have never agreed with her..It's like a damn setup! She'll want some major begging in return, who knows what else.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

why don't you use your ninja skills and steal her heart back?

hehe ninja skills

You said you would call her, so call her. I guess continue apologizing. If she's just having mood swings, she'll calm down.

Must be a pretty shakey relationship for such a small mistake to cause so large a reaction.
    Speak less. Say more.

I agree Hayward.

How old are you two?

I'm 22, she's 20.

I wanted to give you guys an update too... I figured this just couldn't be the sole cause of the breakup. She talked with me this morning and I dug a little deeper... right now she says she dosen't know whether or not she wants to be with me anymore (its a start). But I talked with her, telling her how much i loved her, how beautifal she is etc... but then she said something along the lines of 'its funny how romantic you get when im breaking up with you'... saying that i don't do enough romantic things for her. I do do some romantic things for her, but apparently not enough, which is funny because i had a nice romantic weekend planned for us with homemade chicken parm dinner together and a candlelit bubblebath later on...
    I told her something like i'd be more romantic than I was, and she responded with something like you say "oh.. you need to tell me to be romantic" and then if and when you do its not going to feel sincere just because you had to be told. I reminded her of all the romantic things ive done/said to her in the past, but the conversation had to end because she has to drive into college, she said she'd call me later this morning...

Well now that makes more sense than just you agreeing with her that she was fat and she breaking up with you over that. I guess you two have had this conversation before and nothing had changed? How long have you two been together? I couldn't see breaking up over a lack of romance. I would be more inclined to work on something like that if I had invested a lot into the relationship.

We've been together 1 month shy of a year. This subject is never actually come up before, and I didn't even realize it was an issue until now, and i agree, it is something I'd be willing to work on, I guess just need to convince her of that and that it comes from the bottom of my heart. Might be tricky but I think I can do that.

You have said sorry!

You can't really do anymore..

I would leave her to cool down for a day don't get intouch with her then out of the blue turn up take her out somewhere special and show her your truely sorry...

Maybe if you can drive go for a walk somewhere a picture perfect scene and show her you love her!

It's never come up before? Then I wonder if she's just saying it's a lack of romance, but maybe it's something else. I'm not trying to put other ideas into your head, but I wouldn't just out of nowhere break up with my bf because there was no romance and I had never talked to him about it.

Tone Guest
    Way to drop the ball.

Wow, a fat girl broke up with you; consider it a blessing.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast