+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I found out my boyfriend was a married man

I found out my boyfriend was a married man

Recently I found out that my boyfriend was already married. He was a flight engineer and he travels a lot so we were able to see each other when he has a stop over here in our country. So our relationship lasted for 7 years without any hint that he already married. I thought he was into me because because he never failed to show how much he care for me and how much he loves me. But its all just a lie. When I found out about he's real status in life and confronted him he just told me it was not love that he feels for me just a sexual attraction. And that really hurts coz I do really love him but I cannot ruin a marriage not even the future of his children. It really hurts that for the last seven years this is all I got for loving him. I had been struggling for days to overcome this pain and it really eats me up. Sometimes I was thinking that its easier to die so I won't feel any pain at all. But then I realized that I would hurt the people who loves me if I quit my life. This is how I see this forum. I need someone to talk and get some advice so I can get through this heartache. I really don't know what to do, it really drains my strength. I hope someone can enlighten my darkest hour.

Only right thing to do is to move on. First you have to look at him as someone who cheats on his wife for 7 years and propably will hurt her again so I recommend you to find out how old are his children and if they are mature just straight out tell his wife what has been going on for couple of years. Looking at him as a stranger not as someone who loves him will show you how horrible person he is.
    Second thing to do is to distract yourself: go to the gym, do sports, martial arts or anything that does not involve thinking too much.
    And last thing is to be happy person who improved themself and got rid of the cheating asshole.😉

Thank you zasysacz. It helps that someone would talk to me. I already know about his family, children age 3 & 1 too young and they still have a future. His wife he told me is a cardiac patient with ICD implant so if I told her about her cheating husband she will die and I don't want that to happen. If she found out at least it doesn't come from me and I don't want the children to lose their mother. I'm trying to move on although it's very difficult. This is the very reason why I try to find a forum like this at least someone can give me some advice that will ease the pain I'm feeling. Thank you so much for your time on reading my thread and giving me good advices.

Wow now I just hate this guy like noone. Cheating asshole who can't get punishment. Im really sorry for you and hope it all goes good for you. Best thing to do is physicall activity it really distracts you and makes happy.

Thanks I'm trying although it's an everyday struggle. But I hope one day I can forget him completely.