+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is the girl im seeing that interested?

Is the girl im seeing that interested?

've been dating a girl for a couple of months, however i moved an hour away from uni, just for the summer so we havent seen each other that much the past few weeks.
    I really like her but there are a few things that have been bothering me lately

- we both got messed around by other people earlier this year, the girl i was seeing is long gone, but i noticed whilst out one day that he was messaging her, she still has him on socal media and 'likes' posts of his..petty maybe but still

- we have been seeing each other for a couple of months and she has NEVER flirted or hinted etc at any kind of sexual contact other than kissing and cuddling

- has met my parents and friends and when my friends mentioned her being my girlfriend, she corrected them saying that we're friends but when i asked her ehat she thinks we are she replied with "ermm we're seeing each other i guess?"

- she speaks to quite a few other guys over facebook and has a lot of guy friends, maybe petty again but my trust is pretty low after my previous experience earlier this year.

Also i see her liking photos on facebook such as "we all know a guy that let go of a girl that would have given him the world" or "when you being loyal to all four of your boyfriends but you see your favourite with another girl

However she seems to enjoy my company and we're planning on seeing each other more, we always kiss and hug at the end of the day/night, she just doesnt seem interested in taking anything further

Also earlier in our dating she seemed much more enthusiastic about talking and seeing each other, seems to have lost some interest since i have gone back home for the summer

Any help or thoughts would be great as i really like her and would love to be more than friends with her, but i also dont want to waste my time or get hurt if im just one ofba number of others or anything..

Hey man!

Yeah, sounds pretty confusing, I'll admit. I think the best option in most scenarios similar to this one is to just communicate it with her. Do it in person, don't do it over the phone, especially via text. To get on the road to the best relationship, communication is extremely key. Don't worry too much about what's going to happen afterwards because usually what happens afterwards is what should happen. Should you find out that she doesn't want to get deeper in her relationship to do moral reasons, that is fine and you should respect that. Should she not be interested in you, you probably shouldn't be dating her (let's hope she's not, haha).

Talking to her normally I'm sure isn't hard at all, but it always seems hard when you need to talk about something important. In reality, however, it's not really that hard! You just have to put your mind to it and tell her "hey, we need to talk about something. I'm pretty confused about _____ and I need your clarification on some of these things." Once you find out personally from her what the deal is, you won't have to bother spending forever trying to figure things out. My first girlfriend was in junior year of highschool. We dated for about a year and a half. Our relationship for the first six months sounds pretty similar to yours. It was amazing at first, we talked all the time and loved it, but then things started turning sour. I was trying to figure out why she'd do some things that didn't make sense to me, and she was kind of just lost about what was happening, and neither of us were talking about the things we should have been talking about. Eventually after a couple months of just not really talking to each other, I was about to break up with her. I couldn't handle it anymore. But then she came to me just in time and we talked about all the things we were confused about. She cried, I felt bad, and we learned of the things that were bother the other person. We also learned that in order to keep our relationship healthy, we need to communicate to each other right away. She was SO much better at it than I was, and I really can't lie, she was amazing at keeping our relationship going. Whenever we'd hit a rough spot, we would talk it over ASAP and solve in usually that day, but really never in more than two days. I ended up loving her more than anyone else before or after. We broke up because I had to move away. Honestly, I can still say I love her now. I've never dated anyone since.

That was probably a bit too long of a story, haha, but I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. Communication is key! Remember that

I hope you really think about all that I've said, but if by chance you don't agree or don't want to talk about it with her personally, that's entirely your decision. I wish you well! Good luck!

Is she a virgin? Could she if not a virgin have an std? something that would make her not want to have sex with you after several months?

Don't go trawling her FB or other social media accounts, it will bother you more if you have trust issues & I'd add: Tell her that you don't understand why she told xy&z that she isn't your gf but told you you are dating, why the two different viewpoints from her.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

There could be a million reasons for her confusing actions seeming kind of hot/cold. Breathe mentioned one possibility of her having a "situation" she is somewhat embarrassed to come clean about. Another possibility is that she actually IS a virgin or at least very inexperienced, and therefore a little concerned about getting more serious. Another possibility could be that she's just not the type to rush a relationship and likes to just casually see where things go. Another possibility is she's not really all that into you.

As others have said, the only way you'll really learn anything is to talk to her about it. At the end of the day, though, if she's not willing or able to become more serious, or at least not in a time frame that feels appropriate for you, then you are better off to just move on. It doesn't make her wrong if she's not ready to be serious, but nor does it make you wrong if you ARE. Vice versa as well. What would make one/both of you wrong would be to try to force the other into a situation that doesn't really work for them.

So, just talk to her about how you feel. Maybe you two are actually on the same page. Maybe you are not.... but are close enough that you may get there soon enough. Maybe you aren't even in the same BOOK, much less the same page, and you'd just both be better off ending things. You won't know unless you talk to her about it. Knowing is better then being left to wonder.

Good luck.