+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he just mad or is it over?

Is he just mad or is it over?

We know each other for two years and have been friends. We didn’t talk for a year because he relocated. I always had a huge crush on him and he knew that. We reconnected a few months ago after his relationship ended. We have been texting and flirting for like 3 months. He would text me in the middle of my dates when he saw me going out on Facebook. I finally asked him out. He admitted he liked me and would love to see where this went. We spent the whole weekend together. It was a little awkward. He seemed half scared of me. He was just coming out of relationship. I asked him what the deal was. He said he didn’t want to rush things. It came out a little rude over text. I didn't respond. In truth I got scared because I really care for the guy and I made the horrible mistake of running and not responding to that text. I even unfriended him. But in truth is because I was scared it was not going to work out and I would get hurt. I came back a week later. I apologized and told him what happened. He lied and said he went back to his ex and to leave him alone. I know he’s not back with her for a fact. He blocked me on facebook and unfireinded are mutual friend right after I contacted him. I then sent a text fully apologizing and accepting all responsibility. It was lengthy. He did not block my number but he has not responded.

He is a sensitive guy and I had to iniciate flirting and asking him out because he was acared and awkward. But I do like him. It sucks because we were really good friends. We never actually defined who we were or what we were.

I know this is all my fault and I am not going to sugar coat it. Did he say and do these things out of anger and will he never forgive me? Is it completely over whatever it was? Do I just need to wait and see if he comes around.

He's not into you. Clearly he misinterpreted your actions as a sign that you weren't interested, so he decided to move on. Even if that wasn't your intention, it is possible that's how he perceived them. Sometimes things don't work out. I suggest you chill on this guy, stop trying to force it, and move on. There are plenty of other great guys out there!
    "Caring is not an advantage."

He would n`t likely have reacted so strongly had he not been in to you, but he appears far too sensitive at the moment to travel as far as a genuine commitment to anyone. He has an enormous chip on his shoulder, that`s for sure, and you`d require a far better reason than merely fancying him to entertain the antics of this one for long. All this from him when you did very little, actually you did nothing at all. He was simply too proud to do any chasing. This likely goes hand in hand with an enormous inferiority complex. Your hesitation was nothing to apologize over, how else are you expected to sound out potential dates other than to test their character? Continue to test their characters just the same way that you did here, but do n`t retreat, use the information which you recover to your advantage. It does n`t matter in the slightest that you fancy him, for you cannot even begin to form an actual relationship out of that. Hopefully you have stopped fancying him by now, but do n`t be in the least surprised if you have not heard the last of him. He will likely try to use you to repair his ego. There may be much emotion on his part, but trust me, the love wont be genuine. Stay well clear!
    www.celebritydiscodave.co.uk
    I run a sanctuary for young women.
    Last edited by Kates David; 30-07-16 at 01:02 PM.