+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why did he do that?

Why did he do that?

I had a crush on this boy for a long time and I think that he liked me too but it doesn't matter anymore. We've never dated but everyone could see that there was chemistry between us. he used to stare at me intensely all the time, he was always trying to make some physical contact, he would always sit next to me even though there were free spots, he used to tease me a lot and make me laugh as well, he was always trying to be in my presence.. We also used to chat on fb, he would always initiate the coversation and make excuses just to hear from me.. once my friend Josh commented on my pic and he was like:Who the hell is Josh? But he also used to play 'hot and cold' games and when friend of mine told him to stop playing them, he didn't answer anything and I haven't heard from him ever since them.Now he just says hi when he sees me and stares a looot. Anyhow, last night I went out for a walk with my 3 girlfriends and he and his friend were walking in front of us. We were really close to them. All of a sudden, my crush pointed at the other side of the boulevard and told to his friend:let's go there. They crossed the road and headed again in the direction from where they had returned like 5 min before. And today I was sitting in the park with my girlfriends and then he and his friends appeared. They wanted to sit in the park too but as soon as he saw me and my friends they headed in the other direction.So what do you think why he is behaving this way?Do you think it has something to do with me?Thanks

Seems to me he's interested, but nervous and doesn't know what to do anymore. With his friend(s) being around, he might not be likely to talk to you because of peer pressure. If your friends are around, he'll think that he needs to back off because of that "hot and cold" situation. I'm not sure how forward you are with him, but he probably isn't willing to risk humiliating himself in front of others.

If everything you say is true, as far as he's concerned, your interest in him is limited (thanks to Josh) and pursuing you is too high of a social risk. If you want this to get anywhere and if he hasn't had a girlfriend before he's going to need some alone time with you and probably a little encouragement from you. Be wary though - if he knows Josh is just a friend and is still jealous, you're in for a bumpy ride.

The avoiding might have to do with you or maybe one of your two friends with you, maybe he likes more than one of you girls. Get him alone without his friends and yours and discuss what is going on if it is bothering you, won't know if you don't ask.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.