+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does my friend have feelings for me?

Does my friend have feelings for me?

A year ago I came out of a 14 year relationship. The breakup was unexpected and left me pretty messed up. For the last 11 years I have had a pretty close friendship with someone at work. We vibe so well everyone thought we were an item. Nothing ever happened between us, because I was in a happy relationship. Now that I'm single we seem to be getting wires crossed. He has been a major support for me.
    When we hang out it's easy, flirtatious, and hours fly by.... But after a few times of this he withdrew and was weird. Then he came back around and was very attentive/affectionate. I admit I backed off. So, anyway, we hung out a number of times over the last few weeks and now he's weird again.(distant). He's open about a lot of things to me, shares his writing, has given me his artwork, personal things he hasn't done for other people. I'm so confused. I want a chance, but I don't want to push for an answer too soon.

It's because you are sending him mixed signals. He has always secretly crushed on you.....but when it gets real, he freaks out and insecurity sets in, especially when you freak out and pull away. If you really see him in a romantic manner, it's time to just come out and admit it.....clear the air, tell him.