+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Calm and introverted = forever single ?

Calm and introverted = forever single ?

Hi everyone,
    I was wondering if it is my bad luck and that i'm too bad at flirting or, and that's what i want to talk about, is there still girls that like guys that are calm, introverted, kind but not really fan of sports and being social ?

I am almost 18 now and still single, i only had 3 or 4 short relationships that ended because we were too different or it couldn't work.

I don't really understand what's wrong with me, i mean i do but i don't know if it's that bad, i do not have much self esteem, i'm not a fan of sports and social things like party and all. But i'm not the only one right ? And, that may seem a bit narcissistic but that's really not the case and .. whatever. I guess i look above average, i often get complimented and sometimes, if my hair is ok, that i'm shaved and all, i agree i can look good. I'm also not stupid, i passed an IQ test with a psychologist and i had 150, but i won't tell that to anyone that know me in real life for obvious reasons ^^'

So i wanted to know what you think about it. ... i feel like i asked something strange .. sorry, and sorry for my strange phrasing and if i used the wrong words, i'm french ^^'

You are very young, relax and take your time. Don't stress about it is my advice to you.

Agreed. You are way too young to worry too much about that. God, by 18 I'd had 0 relationships. ZERO! You are already doing a lot better than me. So, obviously you have exhibited some ability to talk to girls/ask them out. Just keep at it and you will find somebody.

That said.... it is NEVER a bad idea to work on improving things about yourself that you feel could stand to be improved. So, if you do want to learn to be more social with women, the best way to do that is to start learning to be more social in general. Search for some local hobbies that might interest you that could involve doing whatever it is along with other people. Enjoy some fun activities where dating is not on your mind at all. You may even wind up meeting a special gal from that.... but even if not it will at least help you be more social in general.

There most definitely ARE women who would like a quieter, calmer type of guy. There will be women who will find you a breath of fresh air compared to all the pig-headed, guy's guy type of alpha males in this world. All the same.... though it isn't unheard of for sure, it isn't as likely that THEY will approach you and/or ask you out. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but more often than not women expect the guy to make the first move.

So, it certainly would be a good idea to get yourself more comfortable with approaching women. Easier said than done, I know. But, really the only way to start to get over it is with practice. You are most definitely NOT alone, though. So, believe me, you CAN find that special gal if that is what you want.

Good luck, friend.