+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for a theme for movie club 5

Suggestions for a theme for movie club 5

Not that keen on my title but everyone in the movie reviewing group should know this is for them regardless.. I hope. Am I to tag people or everyone knows to check and answer since this has been done four times previously? If not, I will tag names Sunday.

Please suggest what theme for a movie you would most like to have reviewed...since the last movie was a comedy I would say probably will not be doing comedies again this round again so anything but comedies for suggestions would be great.

I will start off with a black and white movie, can be an oldie or a more recently done ones like The Artist, Nebraska, Frances, Ha, Much Ado About Nothing and you get the idea...

i'm sure this will be unpopular and only myself wanting to do but my suggestion would be : sports movies ( either fictional or better yet based on a true story) any decade too. so that gives us a lot to choose from because there are so many good movies on sports out there.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

[MENTION=70896]Exeter19[/MENTION] ~ I liked your idea in the big thread about fav directors & fav movie of them to do and vote on.

We could do b&w movies of favorite directors I bet lots have done them, Hitchcock definitely and that goes with what others said wanting horror movies in that same thread ~ combine 2 or 3 themes into one : ]
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Horror movie theme.
    That could be black and white also.

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.”

Okay so in reading so far we have .. Black and white movies
    Sports movies ( true story or fictional ones)
    Favorite directors and a movie from the winner picked by each?
    Horror movies

Plus megvoh, and breathe said they'd do black and white with another theme combined.

Just my two cents, but I think doing two different themes combines might really limit the choices. Then again.... maybe that would actually be good to give us fewer options. Dunno.

All the themes mentioned so far seem great to me. I would second the horror theme. Especially because, I would guess by the time we actually get around to watch and review the next movie, it would likely be mid-September, or possibly even early October. So, horror would be a super appropriate theme.

But, again, I like all the suggestions so far, so I am down for any of them.

I'm in for Horror and Sports [since we've not done either of these genres yet] -- So you can add one for each from me when doing the tally. But if we can only pick one then Horror.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Okay so two more for Horror movies and a another yes for Sports movies.

So are these all the themes so far, no other thoughts?

Only two I know in the club that I've seen post in the reviewing threads are [MENTION=81349]topazlight[/MENTION] and [MENTION=42177]pcmaster[/MENTION] ... what themes would you both like to do? Ones mentioned above or a different theme? Thanks.

Who else am I suppose to tag, mention for this?.. Can someone please add those names that usually post for the movie reviewing please, IDK everyone involved. Thanks again.

If horror gets picked some can combine the b&w/horror who liked idea of reviewing a b&w movie and others can just do a regular horror movie.

~ I need to look up movies in that genre that are black and white so I have a movie ready if it comes down to that theme. All Hitchcock movies come to mind, Is The Birds considered horror, is Frankenstein?
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

The Birds and Frankenstein would both count in my book as horror.

Dollhouse,

I don't know how many of this peeps are still actively participating, but what I did for my round was to just tag the people who I knew had either joined the group, or had participated the last time. So, I'll go ahead and tag anybody who hasn't chimed in here yet that was part of the list at that time. This isn't the full list, just the list of those who have not yet responded on this thread:
    [MENTION=68329]ParadiseLost[/MENTION] [MENTION=82185]PrincessKiara[/MENTION] [MENTION=81349]topazlight[/MENTION] [MENTION=42177]pcmaster[/MENTION] [MENTION=81312]melancholia[/MENTION] [MENTION=7184]Gigabitch[/MENTION]

Quote Originally Posted by breathe123 View Post
    I Is The Birds considered horror, is Frankenstein?
    yes, gothic horror probably for frankenstein and horror or suspense thriller.

here's a list of some classic black and white horror films, breathe.
    http://www.tasteofcinema.com/2014/the-20-best-black-white-horror-films-in-the-sound-era/
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

Thank you, TheEvilJester... I'll wait for at least one or two more to chime in and then call the theme and then all of us can select our movies for that theme and I can create the vote.

Would people prefer a verbal written vote in a thread or a poll like has been done in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by dollhouse View Post
    Would people prefer a verbal written vote in a thread or a poll like has been done in the past?
    I like the verbal idea. We all have to come to the thread, but then rather than post our response, we have to speak our vote out loud. I hope you have REALLY good hearing, dollhouse.

LOL! Sorry. I simply could NOT resist teasing.

Again, it really is up to you. For this round, you are our fearless leader. I mean, I personally liked the poll for my round because then it tallies up the votes for you. You don't have to go back and count what everybody voted for as the thread grows. But, frankly, whatever works best for you is fine. You're the captain this time. So, Kirk or Picard? (Nerd joke.)

I would like fantazy genre movie
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

^^ If ET is considered fantasy ~ I'd like that too or the movie AI.

Thanks, Jester & Exeter for answering. I don't like gross horror movies like ~ Saw :[ so I'd pick a tamer version of horror for my suggestion. Movies like I mentioned above.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast