+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Incest Affair?

Incest or no incest, cousins are still blood relatives and I find it disturbing that some people would even consider engaging in such a relationship! People are seemingly absorbed with semantics here! The fact is, there is a greater chance for people who engage in sexual relationship with blood relatives, to have children with mental disability because of such close affinity.

Anyway, your husband has proven to be an unfit partner. Dump him. You'll find yourself better off in the long run. No point prolonging your agony because of your kids.

Getting sexual or romantic with a cousin may not be "official incest", but it's still disgusting, and appalling. How anyone can justify that is beyond my level of comprehension. Sick!
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Yeah, I mean, that's how I feel anyway. Your cousin is the child of either your father's or mother's brother or sister. That is basically one step away from them just being your brother/sister. I just honestly cannot understand how that could not seem weird to somebody. Apparently I am not alone in that.

Frankly, though, it is somewhat irrelevant anyway since it isn't like this fella has otherwise proven all that trustworthy anyway. Weird or not, that isn't the only tick in the con column here. He's actively cheated on/made attempts to cheat on her so much so that he's apparently posting ads to Craig's List. He's apparently open to hooking up with random weirdos from Craig's List, he's that committed to cheating on his gal. So... yeah, next steps seem pretty clear if you ask me. I try not to oversimplify things, but I don't really see how you could justify that or try to rationalize it and get past it. That's not a one time little oops (and, frankly, I don't have much forgiveness for those either). That is him actively, repeatedly trying to betray her trust.
    Last edited by TheEvilJester; 17-08-16 at 07:45 AM.

Dump the f.ucker and move on. This isn't a difficult choice to make, the OP just doesn't want to have to do it for some reason. Look, OP: there are plenty of men out there who treat women with respect, and love women. In fact, there are more great men out there than there are a$$holes. You need to start believing that you deserve better than this; because until the day you realize that, you will be stuck in this mess. I know it can be hard to leave someone you've invested so much of yourself into, but this guy isn't worth it.
    Last edited by melancholia; 17-08-16 at 07:48 AM.

I think it's disgusting how you people are publicly judging that cousins being together is disgusting. It's not. Obviously you are stupid and have no sense of worldly culture. If there're not your brother or sister or parent or grandparent it's not disgusting. Some people are as thick as thieves.

^ I think it's disgusting how you are publicly judging people publicly judging cousins being together as disgusting. I am disgusted :]

On another note ~ I agree with megvoh & do what is best for you & your little ones, parabola.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

I think we are all free to cast our judgments wherever we want. Most people, regardless of culture, find it repulsive to date family members - blood related or through marriage. It's similar to step-siblings dating. Can't these people find someone outside of their family tree to date? It's cool that you're so progressive that it's causing you to be offended by other people's reaction to something we don't see/hear much of where we live, but everyone has different boundaries and ideas of what they find appropriate in relationships.

Considering the OP is apparently from the United States, "worldly culture" doesn't necessarily apply. In the United States, it is considered taboo for somebody to have a romantic relationship with a relative. I mean, unless maybe the OP's fella is from a different culture. I didn't get the impression that was the case, but I could be mistaking this story for another one. I can't speak for anybody else, but I myself am not "judging" anybody. Why? Because to be perfectly honest, I couldn't give less of a crap. If some stranger on the interwebs wants to date their cousin, that doesn't hinder me in the slightest. So, if they want to do it, I could not care less....

But that doesn't mean I shouldn't have the right to think that is weird/inappropriate. Maybe if I was going to rush out and try to force them through verbal and physical abuse to see things my way that could be construed as "judging." But, from your attitude, that is almost equivalent to saying if I hate a movie you happen to love, that makes me judgmental.

I guess it isn't as though I study world culture for a living, but I am fairly certain that most cultures would consider that taboo. They may not be your brother or sister, but a cousin is still BLOOD related. But, again, like I said, I couldn't personally care less. If the OP's fella wants to date his cousin, then he should just go ahead and date his cousin. I'm not going to stop him. Just, hopefully if he does, she gets FAR away from him first because, with a blood relative or not, it's wrong to cheat on your partner.

I don't want to get involved in a fight, but JimBo is right. A lot of people would be surprised at how normal it is for cousins to be together. I don't think that anyone should choose to not be with the person they love through fear of being judged by people who have never been truly in love and/or have never been accepting of those around them. You are either in love or you are not. Honestly, who gives a rats what others think when it concerns matters of the heart.

It happens and it is common for cousins to get romantically involved. Saying it is disgusting, publicly, would be as insulting as saying that the LGBT community is disgusting. This is an international forum. Do you really think that people will spill their guts out to complete strangers whilst also stating that the object of their affection is their cousin? Of course not. Because there are too many judgmental individuals out there. I agree that there is a true lack of respect on these forums.

Oh and by the way, we are all blood relatives. Just to state the obvious.
    Last edited by debbielady; 18-08-16 at 08:21 AM.

Wtf. Lol. Does this mean we should judge all people who date someone 15+ years older/younger than them? Now that's old/young enough to be your parent or child! That age gap must be gross then, and red heads must be gross and gays must be gross. My brother's gay. Does that make him gross? I have red hair. Am I gross? Because I'm different!? My friend is dating a guy (he's her cousin), but he's also just a f.ucking guy people. Their relationship isn't hurting anyone. Not their family, not anyone. They couldn't care less and what I love the most is that I don't know one person who wants to waste a second of their precious life judging two people in love. That's all they are. It's completely legal!!!

For people who are supposed to have experienced world culture, it is stupid and ignorant to say that having romantic relationship with cousins are totally accepted. Most European nations do not recognize marriage between 4th degree relatives. Asia bans marriage between first cousins. Most states in the US also do not recognize marriage between blood relatives, including cousins. Central America is predominantly Christian, so I doubt that they tolerate marriage between 4th degree relatives.

Unless you are from the Middle East or some parts of Africa where this is accepted, it is not as widely welcomed as you people claim.

The discipline of science doesn't encourage sexual relations between blood relatives because of the risk of genetic disorders and that is the same reason why religion does the same.

To the moron who said we are all related, perhaps you are the fruit of a sexual intercourse between cousins, thus the idiocy. WTF does this have to do with LGBT? You're comparing apples to oranges.

It seems there are a lot of people in this thread who belong on Maury Povich.

There are clearly people here who WATCH Maury Povich. Rofl. A man who wastes his time creating a fuss over another's drama. Ffs, focus on real issues.

- - - Updated - - -

It IS American culture! The US doesn't even really have a culture...... it's a mix of all cultures. Who cares what you think if it doesn't hurt you. Seriously there are real problems in our world. We don't need this silver spoon mentality.

- - - Updated - - -

The risk of genetic disorders is MINISCULE. The same risks of that if a 26 year old giving birth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream_of_Waves View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

The risk of genetic disorders is MINISCULE. The same risks of that if a 26 year old giving birth.
    Now you obviously belong to the ignorant and moron group. The risk of genetic disorder between blood relatives who engage in sexual relationship and end up having children is the same as women in their 40's having kids! Not to mention, if you have risk of having cancer, so does your sibling, and your children. What does that make if your child and your sibling's child decide to marry and have kids together? Go figure smart ass!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and America does have a culture, it's a culture of tolerance, just not for ignorants and imbeciles like you.
    Last edited by dontaskme; 18-08-16 at 03:26 PM.

The odds are exactly the same. Do your research guys. Jees.
    Last edited by JimBo90; 18-08-16 at 09:52 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast