+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Perfect long distance relationship ended in break-up

Perfect long distance relationship ended in break-up

Dear all,

Me and my ex had a great relationship. Always supportive and with respect. Due to the distance in between we mostly spoke each other via Skype daily. 3 Months ago she told me it the missing was to hard and she started to feel different as she was building a wall to protect herself from the distance situation. 2 Months ago she ended the relationship. I respected her decision and closed it off. Since then we had no contact.

Last she wrote to thank me that I made her a better person. More patient and understanding. That she's grateful that I came into her life and left her these gifts. I replied to thank her for thanking her for everything that relationship gave us and to tell her that it was her who found that patience and understanding within herself. So a thank you from both sides of what we had.

Right after she wrote me again telling how her life looks like right now and asking where and how I am. I didn't reply because we agreed to focus on our own lives again. I still feel like keeping that promise but on the other hand it feels wrong to leave her in silence. Someone who has experience in this? What's your advice?

Thanks!
    D.

Hi man, i am sorry to read all of this. At first i have to say that you are a good person for letting her go. She said she wanted to break up with you and that is the best for her, so you do as she wanted. Now she is replying back. Something similar happened to me. I met one girl on this chat line PartyLine.com and we had great time. She was from the other country, but it wasnt a problem at all. After a while she wanted to end all of this, but i didnt want that. So we staid together for few months more, it didnt go at all. And we ended it. Actually i did, i saw it was a problem for her. After a while i get her message: "We should try again. I am not happy.". I never replied. And to be honest i regret it. So that is my experience, bad one. If you ask me you should replay, you never know if she wants you back. Good luck!

Nothing wrong with giving her a vague update but don't carry on with anymore conversation. You are right you both should focus on moving forward with your lives. LDRs are a waste of time. All you are is good penpals on the internet. A real relationship is what you deserve, where you can hold and kiss and be with that special someone to form a proper bond/ share your life with. You don't get that with an LDR, you get loneliness and pain because the physical aspect is missing.

Do not try again unless one of you is willing to relocate to be together proper.

i can help you to make her come for you if you want. i'm verry serious