+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Interracial Dating

Interracial Dating

I don't know if anyone else has noticed certain trends with interracial couples, in that, although many black men date white women, not nearly as many black women date white men. Or asian women dating white men, but not nearly as much vise versa....etc..etc

What I'm curious about is why there tends to be attraction between specific combinations of different races and not others.

Being a white guy, I've heard comments from asian and indian girls, saying "Il'll only date a white guy"...why is that?

What I'm curious about is...

a) why are predominantly certain combinations and not others

and

b) social acceptance of mixed couples, how did it work out?

I have to be honest with this. I was really afraid to talk to about this and in a way I guess I still am. I have had an interracial relationship and I guesss i see what your saying. Do yu think that women of color do not date men that are white because they are white? It's interesting. I didn't take to much thought in it when he said it but he did ask me if I would intriduce him to my parents and how they would feel about him. I just thought he meant about him as a person not because he was a different race. Anyway, our relationship lasted about a year. I wonder if we were really that different or we just didn't fit as a couple. Good post. I would love to hear more about this Anyone else?
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    I've always been opposed to inter-racial dating. That's just the way I am. I've never found someone of another race attractive, and I really don't see the appeal in it.

That's just me though.

LINEBACKER 2

I wasn't attracted to him physically, it was more of a intellectual romance. We dated but I think we had sex once and it was awful becuase I wasn't attracted to him. Wow, i am just realizing this now... yikes.
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    Sorry to hear it Jane. I suppose we all make mistakes.

But, as long as you learned something from it.

Did he use his tongue? HA HA HA

LINEBACKER 2

NO! That's why ot sucked... no pun intended..
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    Ah well, like I said we all make mistakes and I know you won't make that one again. Live and learn I guess.

LINEBACKER 2

I'm white, "sue" is chinese, and we've been dating for several months.
    My first girlfriend was Japanese, my second was White, third was Black, I have never felt that any of these people I had liked because of their race, it's just not a factor.

My latest relationship has been most successful. If anyone has any questions for me as to how any of these relationships went, feel free to ask.

=)
    Just my 2c!
    -Argile

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    Hey, it works for some of us, but for me it's a personal choice.

LINEBACKER 2

I am of Indian origin, and personally, I have no problems with dating either a white girl or a girl of any race, and in some respects am shocked at the response to this post, when it comes down to it there are fundamentals in a relationship which can be met by any other person, regardless of race, my last gf was white and we had a good relationship, I personally think that as long as you find something in someone and one of them has to be that you are attracted to them anything else does not matter at all- otherwise you could be working on stereotypes and that means that you're not giving them a fair chance, and maybe that says something about yourself...

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    Maybe that does say something about me, and perhaps that's open to interpretation in a way, but I won't allow it in my life and like I said, to me it is the right way and it's my choice.

LINEBACKER 2

I honestly think that if I met someone and fell in love with that peson, Obviously race isn't an issue. I don't think it is anyway, i just know that I have dated someone of color and it didn't work for different reasons. I just thought it was interesting topic.
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

It comes down to preference. I'm open to date anyone. So all you white/black/asian/indian/hispanic etc. girls, if I'm attracted to you I'll HoLLa aT Cha!

Last edited by DuckyWucky; 19-10-03 at 07:30 PM.

I'm white and I had a black girlfriend.I tend to think that a lot of white men are raised to think that dating black women is wrong.I know my brother had major problems with me dating a black woman.He grew up in Kentucky in a more conservative environment and just did'nt understand why I liked a black girl.

Myslef I did'nt care the girlfriend I had was great my life would have been less without her in it.She is gone now but I enjoyed the time I spent with her.

So I guess that attitude has a role in why you dont see a lot of black girls with white guys.