+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Asking a guy friend out

Asking a guy friend out

So there's a guy friend from work who I have recently developed feelings for, and I have no idea whether I should tell him how I feel or not because I'm scared it will make things awkward between us as I'm not sure if he even likes me in that way. It's just really frustrating as I have no idea what to do.

First, you should look into your work's policy on inter-office relationships. Some companies have a strict no-dating policy when it comes to their employees. Then, you should decide whether or not it would be worth it to pursue a relationship with someone at work, if you were to break up. Do you spend time with this person outside of work? Maybe try spending time with him outside of work and get to know him in that context before you throw caution to the wind and pursue your romantic feelings for him.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Since writing this post I've been offered another job somewhere else, and I would finish at my current job next week so I am just mulling over whether to just go for broke and tell him before I leave. We're pretty close in terms of work friends, and we've talked outside of work. I think he might like me too but I'm just scared he won't be interested and that I've misread the signs.

If you are changing jobs soon, then go for it. What do you have to lose? Even if he isn't interested in dating you, I am sure he will respect the hell out of you for being bold and telling him how you feel.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

Yeah, I'm just not sure when I'll get the chance to tell him before I leave, because he's rarely ever on Facebook. But I think I might just go for it thanks.