+ Follow This Topic

Thread: should i ask for a fresh start and pursue a man that i think can be the right one?

should i ask for a fresh start and pursue a man that i think can be the right one?

I met a man. first time after 3 years being single i liked someone so much from the first sight and forst date. we met on tinder. after 3 days of chatting, he deleted tinder saying he want to focus only on me because he was too seeking for a serious relationship. i am 29 with a kid, he is 40 with two kids. everything was amazing, but he was rushing. i mean he was acting as if we are almost together... we had a second date that lasted 10 hours and we acted like a couple, he held my hand while straddling, talked openly and honestly, kissed and so on. but then after this day, i started to feel like something is wrong and he changed. he said he doesnt feel well cause had a fought about the kids with his ex. anyway, the day after there was his borthday. he celebrated it with his friends, i didnlt know that he will and he stopped answering my texts,. i went crazy and freaked out. started throwing msgs at him that he probably cheats and so on... and ignores me. i acted like a real psycho for the first time in my life. i know that i probably screwed things up with my behaviour. i apologized and try to explain, but he didnt really want to listen. he kept ignoring me. when i asked him if that is over and should i delete his number he said only that he didnlt expact such a behaviour and he experienced it years back. and that now it is not a good time for a discussion. and that he withdraws in such situations. i said that i was just afraid that i lost him and i have trust issues. but i was still mad and angry and he felt it. i acted like an abandoned child i was when 12. i haven;lt heard from him since then. i am obssesed and crazy, because i think i have a serious crush on him and that he could be the one. he said earlier, because i obviously asked for a rush! that he just feels it with me. and he seemed to be involved. i haven;t heard from him for a week. i don;t know if i should just let go and forget because there is someone else and he just doesnt want to admit it or should i try to apologize one more time (it would be a desperation) or should i wait for his move, which i feel will not come..

i have my issues and am through therapy for 3 years. i think he may just be very straight and decisive and he doesnt want such person by his side and i just ruined everything with my behaviour. it was so fresh, but oh so intense... should i drop him a real apology one more time and ask for a new start or just let go? i was just stunned that someone can be so good. i was more used to meeting assholes. and i havent really dated for years.

You have been in therapy for 3 years and you went bat shit crazy over a guy you barely know? I think you need to find a new therapist because this one hasn't helped you one bit.

This guy is a player. When men love bomb you, and say all the right things, and everything seems to be going too fast, they are grooming you to be controlled. He knows how vulnerable and desperate you are...they look for women who will easily fall under their spell. I bet money on it he was spending his bday with his ex and the kids....it is possible they are still married or he had a date with someone else who knows. All I can say is this guy is bad news. When it's too good to be true it is.

Stay away from this guy. I think your out burst is making him run the other direction anyways. You need to find better therapy because dating is hard, and it will be filled with rejection and disappointment..you are nowhere ready mentally to be looking for a relationship.