+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Regular Dating Issues ...

Regular Dating Issues ...

Greetings All ...

Does anyone out there have a set amount they spend on a first and second date? ... Secondaly, how many things do you do on your first date with a girl...
    They may forget what you said, but, they will never forget how you made them feel ...

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCasta
    Greetings All ...

Does anyone out there have a set amount they spend on a first and second date? ... Secondaly, how many things do you do on your first date with a girl...
    this can depend on so many circumstances , is it a planned date? or your thinking of just coming out of nowhere with this ? it really depends on what your looking for , usually one of "my" dates last about 5 hours

lets see : -dinner (at least an hour)
    -traveling (at least an hour )
    -talking and flirting (at least 2 hours)
    -making out and other unexpected events (usually , from 1 to 4 hours)

i usually hang out a little with em before (like maybe going to a pub or a coffee place , a park .) then i take em to dinner (not some cheesy fast food place , one has to have some decent ammount of class ) , then i talk and flirt for a while and then usually i make a move or get her phone # ... usually followed with a conversation of relationship or making out .

ps: unexpected dates are the best , like the one i had yesterday .

I hardly think you should plan dates like this. It's supposed to be spontaneous

It totally depends. *shrug* But then again I dont have a lot of 'dating' experience.

I can tell you about the girl I'm dating now
    Date #1: Bowling. Spent about $20. But it wasn't an official date so she paid some as well.
    Date #2: My Birthday. Didn't pay a thing. She bought a pitcher and her own drinks. Again, not really a date as there were 8 of us.
    Date #3: An actual date, but not 1:1. Took her to a concert she really wanted to see, and I happened to have an extra ticket my Ex was not going to be using. She paid for her food and drinks. I was still out probably $70.

Did I mention I love dating someone who actually has a real job? And drives!
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Well for me, first dates are interviews, so they continue in parts

Part 1 - Dinner, nice place, decent menu, and a bottle of wine. ($100.00)

IF that goes well

Part 2 - So secluded spot for drinks, flirting, and coversaion. ($40.00)

If that goes well.

Part 3 - A final stop at some place for a night cap ($10.00)

End the date on a good note, and if you are interested in her, secure a second date.

Keep it in parts, so there is a convienant time to end the date after a short while.

You would spend that much on someone you don't really know? That's pretty expensive for a first date IMO.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think it depends on your interests and the type of person you are. There's all kinds of things to do on a first date, it just depends on what you like. Some go out to dinner to have general conversation and get to know each other, while others go bowling or do something fun so they can let loose a little and not be as stressed over the date.

I suggest something like coffee or lunch for a first date. If it turns out she is not right for you, you haven't invested much money and you can cut it short by finishing your coffee/lunch, and it allows you to have uninterrupted conversation. Museums are also GREAT first dates from an economic standpoint.

I wouldn't be comfortable with a man spending a lot of money on me on the first date, but I am pretty traditional as far as dating goes, so he would be paying for the first date.

Tone Guest
    I wanna go to a museum! It's been forever since I have...

Good idea though shh! I knew I was a fan for a reason.