+ Follow This Topic

Thread: loosing my shit gain as anxiety takes over

loosing my shit gain as anxiety takes over

So in my last relationships my gut was always telling me something was wrong. I got a lot of anxiety, and in the end I was right as they hid alcohol abuse from me. So I found that when I am just dating and meeting multiple people I am feeling great, I am in complete control. So over 2 months ago I started casually dating a gal, we see each other, have a lot of fun, but I still meet other people and it is not committed. Now suddenly it looks like it may be about to turn a corner. She seems very into me, and I no longer want to see other people, and feel a bit guilty when I do. But now suddenly fear and anxiety has hit! people at work can even tell something is wrong. I am thinking irrational again. Last night she texted me amazing stuff and even tried to call me, but I fell asleep. So this morning I texted good morning and explained I fell asleep. I have not heard from her at all. I do know she is working a lot right now. Normally I would not have cared, 4 days ago I wouldn't have. Today, I am freaking out and I hate this. I worry I may not be able to ever be in a normal relationship. I am wondering if I am being overly touchy or if my gut is speaking to me, or.... UGH!!!
    Any thoughts or experiences?

Is it possible she got jealous because she felt you were out and not home asleep? That might be why ignoring you after you finally messaged her. That is an immature way for her to be, you should just call her and work it out.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Well, is this a first time offense, or has she done something like this in the past? If it is the first time, then my honest gut reaction is that you probably are just letting your anxiety get the best of you. Believe me, I think that happens to all of us sometimes. Heck, especially when you like somebody, it can be hard not to over-analyze everything they do and say and start getting paranoid and reading things into it that probably are not there.

What can be hard to realize is that it is much better just to give yourself a break and allow things to just be however they may be. Think of it like this.... IF she were a petty enough person to blatantly ignore you because of ONE TIME where you didn't answer her.... and actually for a legit reason (you fell asleep, it wasn't like you were intentionally ignoring her), then that isn't really somebody who deserves you anyway. If she was petty enough to jump right to the conclusion that you are intentionally ignoring her.... AND to therefore retaliate, then maybe she is nothing more than a child when you should be looking for a woman. ...Now, with that said, I don't think she IS blatantly ignoring you.

If I had to guess, I would think she probably just was actually busy and could not get back to you right away. Maybe try her again later. I'd say apologize again when you do talk to her, but not overly so, if you know what I mean. In other words, just a casual, almost in passing "Yeah, sorry about that. I fell asleep." Don't be over-apologetic like you really did something wrong, because you didn't. You fell asleep. You didn't intend to ignore her. Chances are she understood.
    h
    IF, though, her ignoring you becomes more and more of a common occurrence, then that may be the time to worry about it. Hopefully, though, you don't even have to worry about that.