+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you tell by a look?

Can you tell by a look?

Hey all. In general, this topic deals with two things:
    1) Can you tell that a girl likes you by a look that they give you?
    2) Intuition- If you have a feeling about someone after a very short amount of time, should you act on it? More importantly, should you believe in it?

So, here is the whole story...

I've actually found a girl here in college that I'm attracted to. I had some intuition that we'd have a good connection, and I think we do.

Last Friday night a group of 6 of us went to have sushi. I guess I was pretty relaxed. This girl and I talked the whole night. Sat next to each other in the car and in the restaurant, and as far as I remember, we only really talked to each other for the most part. So, for like 3-4 hours, we had a bit of a monopoly on each other's attention. It was very intelligent conversation. My initial intuition (from before) was seeming to be correct. It was pretty apparent that we had a good connection. She told me that she didn't like group things and such, and she didn't really talk much in groups... however, we talked the whole night with each other. Most of the time in groups attention gets divided a lot.

So, Monday night, one of my friends from across the hall invites me over (Yes, this girl is across the hall...). So, a few of us talk for a while, and then they go to bed around 1:30. Just the two of us are there, and we talk for a long time. The time seemed to just fly by. A couple times I distinctly remember her giving me a certain look after I said things. It's hard to explain what it was like.. maybe it was because we understood each other... almost completely, it seems. But i don't know. So it's 3:30 or so, and we look outside. Beautiful night sky. She asks me if I want to go stargazing, and I agree. We go out there for an hour, and it was just.. awesome. Inexplicable. The night sky was so incredibly clear. We pointed out constellations and saw some shooting stars. I think the whole connection was really cemented.

A couple days later one of the girls comes over so we can walk to class (it's a routine), but she also comes along because she has a class. We end up kinda splitting off and talking the whole way there.

So that's about it. What do you think of it?
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

sounds good!

Keep advancing, and yeah, sound hella good.

Even I can tell that things seem to be going good haha.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

Tone Guest
    Prod, that is so awesome! Everything sounds good so far man... as far as your questions... I would say don't really jump to any conclusions quite yet other than the fact she enjoys your company. I really think these things take time, so don't try to rush things and possibly scare her away.

Keep on going with the flow, just be sure to keep on paying attention to her signals and let her know how much you enjoy her company. Not necessarily by outright saying it, but let your body language dictate things.

And most of all... keep us updated!!

I know that look - it is called chemistry! I hope all works out for you.

Hi Prodigal

1) Can you tell that a girl likes you by a look that they give you?

Yes you can

2) Intuition- If you have a feeling about someone after a very short amount of time, should you act on it? More importantly, should you believe in it?

You definetely should act on it. Even if you don't have an intuition, but you like the girl (provided you and her are single) you should act on it and you should believe first of all in yourself and your abillity to seduce her!
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

So much talking. I hate talking.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

wow if the girl im eyeing currently did all that with me, i would definetly be happy!!

Man it's looking good!! Just take it slow. OV, why do you hate talking so much?? I don't mean that in a bad way I was just wondering. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecrazy
    OV, why do you hate talking so much?? I don't mean that in a bad way I was just wondering. Cheers
    Cause its pointless and leads to nothing. I like quiet girls.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

prodigal that's good to hear what is going on your situation. I definitely think there is a huge connection. Keep at it, I believe in you!

I wish girls would do that with me too. I've noticed lately, that there are some women that take glances at me more often than others, and when I look at them in the eye and talk with them (doesn't matter what I'm talking about), I feel like there's some energy between us. I feel a spark in myself. But I'm unsure of how to go about all of this.

Hey all,

Thanks for all the responses. I was (and I guess in ways still am) very paranoid about things. I guess it's a bit of a self-defense mechanism.. or just a m.o. of mine.

Tone, you said to keep you guys updated, and so I will make an update now. On Sunday, I was about to go talk to her. I go outside, and one of her roomies is there. I ask if she is there and she says that she is going down there now to meet her to eat. She invites me to go along, and so I go. It ends up that we wait in line for half an hour or so by ourselves, and we just talk. By the time we got our stuff everyone else was done eating. We go back to their suite (it's what they call the setup of dorms here) and we talk for another.. ah hell, I don't know how long it was. The time just seems to seep away from me whenever we talk, and I don't really care how much time goes by, nor do I notice it.

Monday night, I ran in to her after a concert I went to. They were having a get-together in my suite, and I didn't want to be there. She didn't want to go either, so we hung out. Took a walk around campus trying to find a quiet spot. Took a long time to find one. We saw a lot of great things.. we stayed out there until we couldn't feel our feet anymore. It didn't seem like so long, but I was out from 10 and didn't come back until 3.

I guess in conclusion, just being with her and simply having one-on-one interaction with her makes my day. No matter how stressed I get during the day, no matter what happens. All that time seems to reverse it and make things better. As paranoid and pessimistic as I may think, it's getting very hard to deny the fact that she feels the same connection that I do. She must enjoy this time too, otherwise she would try to avoid me or wouldn't spend so much time with me. She knows all that psychological stuff, too.. so I have a feeling that she knows about my feelings. And I feel that I subconsciously tell it through body language that I'm not aware of. But, who knows.
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

She knows (unless she is also spending her time talking craziness to herself like you do)! Enjoy the experience - it makes me wish I were your age again!

shh! you are up CRAZY early. ugh, i'm late for work and i don't care. lol, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast