+ Follow This Topic

Thread: EX Girlfriend/ Good friend. Potential GF? I hope...

EX Girlfriend/ Good friend. Potential GF? I hope...

I went out with this girl in 7th grade. She was my first girlfriend and the first girl I ever kissed, so she'll always be a girl I'll remember.

Well in 7th grade when we broke up we've been on non-talking terms until my Sophmore year when we started talking again. When we began talking I noticed little things that she'd do/say that led me to believe she liked me. I've since graduated in 2002, and have been out of school for a while.

I never acted on it because I didn't want to risk my awesome friendship with her at the time. We had the same interests, she laughed at all my jokes, and was always someone I felt comfortable with.

Recently I talked to her sister and she told me that she's moving to another state. The girl I like that is. I couldn't believe it. I mean, I've always liked her but I never wanted to say anything because I was afraid of ruining a friendship.

I saw her tonight and we talked and she said she might move but she wasn't 100% sure if she wanted to. I told her not to, that she completed me, I heart her and blah blah blah. Ya know, just flirting.

I gave her the biggest hug when I initially saw her and she said we'll hang out more often now after I suggested we do so. I want to tell her I like her, because it's best for me to say it now or never. She may be leaving but I really wish she wouldn't. She's been on my mind ever since I heard she might.

Should I tell her? Any suggestions how I should go about it? I always like hearing what other peeople think, so I can feel comfortable with my actions. I'd do anything to kiss her again, and have her for my GF once more. I can only wish though until I find out. Thanks for reading...

Well, I think you should go for it. If you dont, you'll be kicking yourself, wondering, what if, etc.. If you do, theres 2 situations. She turns round and says 'Thats exactly what i've been thinking, but I was to scared to tell you too!' or 'Sorry but I dont feel the same' But by the sounds of it, it wont ruin your friendship. So I say go for it, and goodlucky m8y

I think I won't tell her, but let my actions speak louder than words. Tommorrow I'll ask her to a movie or something, then see if I can get some kisses!!!!!

I don't care, I'm all about taking chances, and this is one I feel I need to take. If I get rejected I'll be like, "Oh well, there's more girls out there." Of course I won't say that. I'll think it. I need to do it because I'm kicking myself in the ass already!!!!!!!

I love girls but I hate them. Weird huh?

I know, girls confuse me too. I've been as nice as I can to the girls I've been with, yet the've either walked all over me, or not liked me. So I'm kinda confused and lost too, oh well. Hopefully there is more people out there who do like someone who is qiute, caring and loving and would but 110 % into a relationship. At the moment, im beggining to doubt that
    Last edited by seven770; 06-10-03 at 12:02 AM.

I know what you're saying. Inside I feel the same way, but I try not to act that way when I'm talking to girls like I used to. I guess I'll wait until I'm already going out with the next girl until I give her my all. I've also wasted my time on someone who never felt the same.

If you seem too interested in them or seem too much like you want to be with them, it always seems to hinder your chances with them even more. It's weird but that's really how it works. That's why the nice ones finish last.

When I saw that girl I liked last night she said she'll more than likely not leave until February if she even does. That's a decent amount of time. I'd rather have her around for 3 months than 3 weeks. She'll be here for my birthday and maybe she'll come true after I blow out my candles in November.

I didn't talk to her today, maybe I will tommorrow. It's Sunday and I guess I just relax on this day from the weekend so, ya know. I really do like this girl, but I couldn't tell her that. I could only continue to hint until it becomes obvious. On the outside it's apparent I like her, my friend's even know that without me saying anything. So she's gotta already have a hint.

This is only another route I'm trying that I hope doesn't fail this time for me. Not on this one...

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    Man, you need to be more forward with her. This girl could be moving away and you're just going to give her hints until she gets it? What if she doesn't get it?

You're going to kick yourself when she moves aways and she doesn't catch on to your hints.

This could be your loss man. You can tell her and ruin your friendship with her, and in that case she moves (or not). Or, you could tell her and things could change. Either way, the ball is in your court and you need to decide what to do with it.

LINEBACKER 2

Well, how more obvious could it get when I'm around her. Don't worry, I won't let her slip away without her knowing how I feel. I just had bad experiences telling a girl I like her. It's kind of like telling a girl, "You know I like you, so you have control now, it's up to you to reject me or take me." Think of it as handing over your ballz to her.

Either way, the ball is in your court and you need to decide what to do with it.
    Then it would be in hers if I said I like you. Then I'd just wait to see what she says. I'd be throwing it to her side of the court. I'm the guy here! I TAKE CONTROL!

When you do that it takes away the mystery of you two being together/hanging out. It pops the balloon. She knows she can have you now, when before she just kind of had that idea in her head. It's all just a game. It may sound dumb/complicated but what can you say, so are girls.

I've made up my mind that I'm going to see if I can make something out of this with her, so I'll do it. I'll be here to post what happens when it does. Put it this way, if I do tell her I like her, it'll be the same time I ask her out. At that point I'm sure she'll know my attitude towards her meant something.

This weekend she's coming with me to a performance I have. She said she'll ride with me so, I'll have some time to talk to her and feel her out a little more. Just me and her. By the end of the night I'll see and make my final judgement. So, there it is. I'm going for it. I won't let any more time slip away.