+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I love my best friend

I love my best friend

So....I am a university student and I currently live away from my hometown for the last one and a half year and that is going to be the case for at least the next 3 years. Here I met a girl that I quickly fell in love with in so many different levels and ways and here it is where the problems start. First of all she has a boyfriend and that's not so bad considering that I am willing to wait as long as it takes but also and most important I consider her also to be my best friend and that is something I'm afraid I will lose if try to approach her and I don't want to lose that...It's so nice being around her, talking to her, spending time with her and I don't want to lose that. What should I do? Please give me some advice.
    Thank you all in advance.

You must show her that youre good boyfriend material so be nice, gentle and help her when she needs help. Also give her signs that you want something more otherwise she will think you are like her female friends. If she is happy in her relationship then let her be but if shes not she will definetly seek out for better option - you. Just don't be forcy and everything will sort out.

I want to open up because i feel like it will make it easier for me to move on but the matter of fact is that I don't want to lose her from my life I want her to be friend and I am afraid that I might lose her and that is killing me inside and keeping all these feelings inside also is also killing me

It seems like you have three options:

1. let her go now, before your and/or her heart breaks harder in the future
    2A. keep fighting for her by maintaining a platonic friendship and waiting to see if she moves on from her boyfriend, and then go in for the swoop
    2B. keep fighting for her by telling her for your feelings, all of them, and professing whatever love you have for her, and asking her to dump her boyfriend and get with you.

Personally, if I didn't love her, then I'd pick option 1, but if I did love her, then I'd pick option 2B, because I couldn't stand to see her with another guy, and I'd probably be crying every night. If you are experiencing that, then I'm sorry for your pain. If you're not exactly crying everyday, then maybe your love for her is more moderate, and you can handle option 2A without imploding.

The way you say that it's killing you inside, it sounds to me like you're the 2B kinda person. I sure as hell I am. I'm very passionate and emotional, and even a little jealous (which I think is healthy).

Of course, there's a risk that if you tell her you love her now, she might choose him and kick you out of her life forever, and if you only had waited for her to break up on her own time frame, then you might have had a chance with her. Then again, she might also end up marrying this guy, and you'd lose your chance forever. Basically, we have no idea what the future will hold, and in general, the longer she is with someone, the more she will love that man (Time*Proximity=Love). Therefore, if you really love her, then you should fight for her *now,* and go ahead and risk everything, but if you don't love her that much, you could play it more conservatively and see how things pan out.

Even, still, if you love her a lot, you could pick any of the three options. Are there any other options, really?
    Last edited by S0NofHAM; 14-11-16 at 12:29 PM.