+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Polite or fliting, I can't tell the difference

Polite or fliting, I can't tell the difference

I recently went into the bank and was helped by the an attractive guy (this is what went through my mind as he approached me). We went to his office and he was being very chatty, which I know isn't not him being flirty, the bits that confused me were when I took my scarf and coat off he told me I smelt beautiful, his exact words caught me by surprise. We carried on talking about where I live (I needed him to change my address) again made small talk about where it is and how beautiful the area is but then he asked if I owned the house or whether I was renting and also asked whether I live alone...
    Now, had he been ugly and old I would have found it well creepy! But he was such a lovely looking and open person that needless to say I didn't mind. What I would like to know is, was he flirting or was he just chatty and polite? And do I put on my big girl panties and go back and give him my number?
    Please guys help xx

It sounds like he is being polite and asking typical questions you would be asked at the bank. His choice to use the word beautiful, doesn't really mean anything. Giving you a compliment to make you feel comfortable is a fairly standard customer service tactic.
    "Caring is not an advantage."

From a not-so-old, not-so-ugly guy's POV, I have done this same very thing, and flirted with girls in public or professional situations, but felt obligated under my responsibilities to keep it professional and not ask the girl out or for her number.

So, I would say that it's possible that he was either just flirting and doesn't even like you, or, it's also possible that he is interested in you, but, like me, felt pressured to keep it professional.

If you like him and you would be interested in going on a date with him, then yes, put on your big girl panties and go back to that bank. What's the worst that could happen? Rejection? Would you rather be rejected one afternoon, or live in regret of not knowing what could have been? Basically, do whatever you want in life, and try your best to have no fear.

Walk into that damn bank, find him, look him in the eyes, and ask him whether he wants to go out with you or not, and don't worry if anyone else is in ear shot or not.