+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is he interested?!

is he interested?!

do these things mean he's interested??
    he's a really cute guy, a little older, and we work together in a casual cafe
    -really touchy at work- always hugging me and often places his hand on my shoulder or the small of my back and stands next to me whilst I serve customers
    - compliments me
    - offers to cook me food
    - kisses me on the cheek goodbye
    - makes fun of me but mockingly and nicely
    If he is interested should I make the first move and tell him I like him or should I slowly hint that I'm interested too and how??
    xxx

According to your all points (you already wrote)...

I suggest you should move first and tell him everything

Well, I'll say this...

Based on everything you've shared, I don't think it is DEFINITE that he likes you..... BUT I do think it sounds like he probably does. Yes, there is the possibility he is just one of those people who is more open with friends and more of a touchy feeley kind of person. Heck, I've known people like that. So, there is entirely that possibility..... but usually people aren't quite that touchy feeley with somebody who is just a friend. Especially of the opposite gender. To me, kissing you on the cheek is the most glaring example that leads me to think he probably likes you. I don't go around kissing my female friends on the cheek, and I don't think that is something most guys tend to do.

As it is, if you feel comfortable making the first move, I say go for it. I mean, don't confess that you are mad about him or anything like that. LOL! Just ask him out on a date. Then again, if it would make you feel more comfortable, you could try some subtle/innocent flirting for a while to see if he responds favorably and also see if maybe HE will make the first move. I would just say, don't wait too long if he does not. Even if it turns out he's not interested in you as more than a friend, you'd be better off knowing rather than left wondering.

Though, if you ask him out and it turns out he IS interested in you, wouldn't you kind of be kicking yourself for even considering not asking? So, why not go for it? Good luck to you either way.