+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Worried about nothing?

Worried about nothing?

My Chinese girlfriend has come over many times, things are physical and we see each other usually twice a week with her often staying over at least one or two days a week.

The issue came when it was snowing recently and I suggested come to her area instead. I didn't want her travelling the distance (public transport) in the snow and thought it would be nicer/ easier for her. We went out, had a nice day but at the end, when it was dark, I asked if I could take her home. She adamantly refused.

She lives with other Chinese housemates and said her landlord wouldn't allow people in, which I understand but I told her I just wanted to see her home safely, not come inside etc etc. Still no. She kept saying she walks through lots of shortcuts and it would be easy for me to get lost but the station we'd be walking from has a huge bunch of cranes above it, an easy landmark to walk towards even if I did get lost! I insisted and she still said no. I even suggested as a compromise that the next time I come that if she gave me her address, I could plan my route back so it wouldn't be a problem... still no.

She seems to be available without much notice, and as she stays over a lot, I *doubt* she is living with a boyfriend but something just seems *off* to me...

She's come round to mine many times, seen family photos, the area I live, my house, I tell her all the time about my friends and my mum... she hardly says a word. I couldn't even tell you what her parents do! She says she loves to take photos but only sends me *select* photos she's happy with. I asked if she had pictures of her friends, family or landscape pics on her phone (being interested!) and she won't show me anything... She keeps saying that she's a perfectionist and will only show me those things when she has made them look pretty etc. I can't believe that an Asian (this might sound racist but you get the idea... *famous* for taking pictures of everything), has no pictures of friends/family/home/area etc on her phone.

She's now using the *trust goes both ways* line, that trust is earned etc but as I've opened up so much about my life, I find this a bit hypocritical. A line that confused me was when she said she's planning on moving out and she'll probably invite me around then... but all I wanted to do was see her home safely, not come in!

Am I just worrying over nothing?

Not sure. She's maybe very private? I think keep asking the questions but don't bombard.